Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:54:20 PM EDT
I just saw this today at Academy.  It's marked "Made in Serbia for Sell Inc." and the ammo has brass cases.  The headstamp has three Cyrillic characters (which I cannot remember well enough to try to describe here) at the top and the caliber/cartridge designation at the bottom.

Firstly, has anyone tried this stuff yet?  It's more expensive than Barnaul's steel cased products, but not very expensive compared to Remington (much cheaper, in fact).

Second, if you've tried it, are the cases Boxer or Berdan primed?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be intrested in trying some. We have Academy sports stores in Oklahoma.
I now buy my ammo for my 5 AK's there.
The Monarch ammo is $2.86 a box.
Brass cased .223 sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the thread on the Wolf brass cased M193.  It may be the same stuff.  There are pictures of casing on that thread.  If it looks the same, it is made by Privi Partizan.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if Federal is going to sue them because of the "Monarch" name.

Federal used it a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw it too they have made a line of hunting rounds in .243, 30-06, some others including .223. it was 8.50 a box or something like that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I've shot it.  Brass cased, Prvi Partizan manufacture, "nny" headstamp.

Very similar to Wolf M193.... the stuff we shot was their soft points.

They, like the Wolf M193, ran great in a biddues Stag 16" M4, but short stroked in my 20" rifle.  Of course, regular polymer Wolf also short strokes in my rifle.... so if your gun can shoot Wolf steel case, this stuff should be excellent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know of places online that are selling cases of this?  Any idea on prices per 1000?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've shot it.  Brass cased, Prvi Partizan manufacture, "nny" headstamp.

That's "PPU", you capitalist swine...

I knew it was Cyrillic, but the lighting was bad enough that I wasn't going to try to replicate it-besides, I don't know if the forums' encoding would handle the "correct" characters.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top