Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2005 10:38:37 AM EDT
I got a good deal (way too good to pass up) on a BO Stabilizer Handguard with the rail and hand stop. My question is this - I have not seen ANY info as to what type of barrel nut they have or even how they attach to the upper. Search turned up nothing too. Any ideas or a pic of the mounting system?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a quick description from Badger's site:

These are fantastic handguards! you won't be disappointed!!
Here is a pic that I use a lot on this board just for bragging rights

Custom JNR PAC-NOR 20Tact barrel upper I built( it also is in the gallery on John's site)
got this before he became mainstream!!

I hope this helps

Good Luck
Stuart
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I can handle that - no problem! I looked all over their site and never saw that, thanks!

BTW: that is a fine looking rifle you have!
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the handguard in yesterday and put it on last night. MAN that is simple! And it looks GOOD! It does take a little time to get it all lined up correctly.

Nice piece of gear!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2005 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet setup on the barrel nut!!  You can set the torque to  as much as you want . Well worth the setup time!!
I also love the long flat bottom of the handguards. Great for shooting off of a rest or sand bags!!

Have Fun

Stuart
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
MAN that is one sweet system! I shot the rifle in a match last Saturday and here is my CB shot and 4 follow up shots at 235yds. And this is a colt 1/7 gov profile factory barrel!

Not that it is a good pic, but here is one I was sent after the match if my rifle:

Link Posted: 11/10/2005 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Great Shooting!!

Stuart
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the looks of the BO and I'd say its great on bags.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It rides on bags just like  Beavertail forends.   Good foreend for a fun gun,   useless for anything but a rest though.

Sweet rifle BTF,  what scope riser is that?
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
If your are asking about my rifle, the riser is GG&G GS-1 Scout riser rail. I love the BO for both offhand shooting, shooting off of bipods( sitting and prone) and benchrest/bags. They feel great in the hand for offhand shooting. the brad flat bottom makes easy to shoot with your support hand in tight by the mag well. Or further forward( sometime I wish I did get the target version w/hand-stop!!). BO"s also makes it nice to shoot from of spur of the moment rests( fencepost, stump or irrigation pipes...etc.)

Just my $.02 Worth

Good Shooting,

Stuart
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is an updated pic.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is an updated pic.

www.hunt101.com/img/357387-big.jpg

Nice shooter.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, that is sweet, that is almost what I want to build. Give me some specs, what kind of upper and barrel and all and where did you get it all from?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wow, that is sweet, that is almost what I want to build. Give me some specs, what kind of upper and barrel and all and where did you get it all from?

Most of it is parts I have had for a while.

Colt 1:7 barrel
RRA upper and Bolt/carrier
Preban Colt match target lower
Colt trigger
Magpul PRS stock
Badger Ord rail
Cheap scope riser rail with Leupold PRW rings
Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40 M3 scope
TAC-16 suppressor
DPMS gas block
Harris Eng. bi-pod

with the 7 twist barrel it really likes the 75gn hornady bullets and heavier
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#14]
How easy was it to install the gas block? I have never done this before.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How easy was it to install the gas block? I have never done this before.

Simple. Just make sure you get the gas port lined up with the hole in the gas block. You can just simply mark your barrel with a strait line and a pencil. Use plenty of lock-tite on the screws on the bottom. Good luck!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top