Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:10:07 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used the B-Square mounts on a Flat Top AR?

Im trying to find pictures of the B-Square virsus the La-Rue and Im having great luck finding pictures of the La-Rue but no luck with the B-Square.

The B-Square is about 60 bucks and the LaRue is 200 so Im trying to see what makes the la-rue worth so much more then the B-square when they have almost the same design.

Thanks for the help.

Cowboy
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The B-Square is about 60 bucks and the LaRue is 200 so Im trying to see what makes the la-rue worth so much more then the B-square when they have almost the same design.

You won't be able to see much in the photo.

But almost the same design?  Hardly.

The LaRues locking levers are more secure and quicker to use than the knobs of the B-Square.

The materials and tolorances of the LaRue are outstanding, the B-Squares are mediocre at best.

For a plinking rifle it really doesn't matter.  But for serious useage get the LaRue, its VERY much worth the extra $$.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the B-Square mount the scope as far forward as the LaRue?

When you talk about tollerance what are you refering too?  Technical specification and fit to the upper reciever?

I do agree that the levers look like they are a much better design on the LaRue but I don't plan to take them off and on all the time.  Once the mount is setup I will probably never remove it from the gun.

Useage of the gun is for varminting and punching paper 200-300 yards
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up the B-Square used for cheap. It is "ok" at best. It is not even close to the same quality as LaRue. If you are mounting a cheap scope for plinking, it is functional. It will not re-zero when removed and remounted. The LaRue will. It does not mount the scope as far forward as the LaRue either. If you are a serious shooter, with serious optics, buy the LaRue and buy once. If you don't have high end optics, and you don't know if you will ever "grow into" the high end optics, it is a decent way to start. But rember, the best scope on the cheapest mount is never going to give the accuracy that the scope is capable of.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top