Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:52:21 AM EDT
I'm a real n00b here, so I'm kind of feeling my way around. I own a Bushmaster m4-style carbine and want to get a BUIS. Are there any that use the standard M16A2 flip-up sight? I have a Trijicon set and want to use it in the BUIS. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any assist!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Tritium sights work poorly on an AR15, but there are a few that woul accept it if you really felt a need.

The ARMS 40 and 40L are solid performers in a folding sight, but you need to figure out if you want a folding sight or a fixed BUIS.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I think ARMS #40 uses a standard A2 apeture. But like stickman said, I'd back away from the night sights. I've got them on my colt and they are not that cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
GG&G A2 flip ups are good.

+1 on not wasting your money on night sights...buy a weapon-mounted flashlight.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatcha doing owning an AR15 in DC?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#6]
oh, ARMS 40 or 40l is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#7]
man, you guys REALLY don't like night sights! why?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
1+ Why?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Becasue they require an entirely different sight picture to use, becasue they are less consistant that irons, becasue they require a wider than normal front sight reducing daytime accuracy, because the need for them is ONLY when your primary optic has failed AND its dark AND your flashlight does not work AND you have already established that the target is a threat and its OK to shoot.

You are more likely to need and would be better off buying a gas mask to escape a high rise that had a jumbo jet fly into it.  Thats about 1000X more likely to occur than the need for night sights on your BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Becasue they require an entirely different sight picture to use, becasue they are less consistant that irons, becasue they require a wider than normal front sight reducing daytime accuracy, because the need for them is ONLY when your primary optic has failed AND its dark AND your flashlight does not work AND you have already established that the target is a threat and its OK to shoot.

You are more likely to need and would be better off buying a gas mask to escape a high rise that had a jumbo jet fly into it.  Thats about 1000X more likely to occur than the need for night sights on your BUIS.

what he said. I shoot pretty much 99% during daylight, and when I'm not I have a weapon light.
During that 99% of the time, it's harder to hit what I'm aiming at distance because the wider front sight post. Kind of like writing with a dull pencil. Not impossible, just annoying.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm a real n00b here, so I'm kind of feeling my way around. I own a Bushmaster m4-style carbine and want to get a BUIS. Are there any that use the standard M16A2 flip-up sight? I have a Trijicon set and want to use it in the BUIS. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any assist!

There are a lot of BUIS threads in the "Build It Yourself" section.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Get the airsoft model... popular with fags all across this board.

Seriously now... I run a Troy folding rear with an EOtech.  Reason being I like it out of the way when the EOtech is on, and Troy makes one hell of a folding BUIS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top