Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 9:50:24 PM EDT
I am looking for a good starter scope. Something to go to the range with, and maybe do some hunting with. Here is the link. What are some opinions on this scope.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/FM3510X50IR/bsa_3.5-10x50_catseye_riflescope.htm

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Made it HOT

I have a BSA 4-16x Mil Dot scope, got it for about $100 at a gunshow, it holds zero and I really like it. Although BSA is the poor man's "sniper scope", if it's used for hunting and not serious competitions or tactical use, I'd go for it. I did :-)

Enjoy!

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
i have seen more bad than good result with them, even on a .22lr
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one a few months ago at Natchez, and it's working out fine.  Put it on my Hbar with a carry handle mount & Loctite.  Here's a link, they're still on sale for $79 and in stock it looks like.

www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=OS&category=20&prodID=OSMD416X40IR&CFID=1715429&CFTOKEN=70340871
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Got 1 once crosshair went FUBAR the first time out on a 10/22.
Sent it back to Midway were it came from, traded it on a Simmons that I have had on a 10/22 and an AR with no problems.
It will get you by until you can afford a better glass.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top