Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 7:25:43 PM EDT
Hello to all, my first post to this forum.

My goal is to set up a fast handling yet accurate rifle.  I am looking at buying a BM V Match carbine with a fluted barrel.  I will probably go with the BMAS flip-up front sight in combination with a ARMS 40 BUIS rear.  At this point, I'm leaning toward an EOTech as the optical sight, though the Nikon Monarch VSD looks pretty tempting.  Aimpoint is certainly not out of the question either.

Any feedback on the BM V Match carbine in terms of accuracy, favorite ammo or handloads, and overall handling would be appreciated, as well as any thoughts on the entire set up I am planning.

FWIW, I've been enjoying the shooting sports for 25 years.  I used to shoot NRA Bullseye, NRA Action Pistol and IPSC, though not in the last 10 years.  I dabbled in hi-power rifle with a SA M1A, and along with the M1A, have owned a HK 91 and two ARs.  How I wish I still had those rifles, especially here in NY where we're still stuck with an AWB.

In any case, I look forward to some fun with rifles once again, and my participation on this forum!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome

BM V match carbine is a great choice but I would not recommend putting an EOTech on it. A regular shooting scope would fit the picture better. However, it's a personal preference.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top