Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 7:55:05 AM EDT
Hey Team.  Now that we've survived preban, and before we enter into reban (God forbid), I thought I deserved a new AR.  I think I do anyway, and I have th only vote.  So, . . . after purusing through the BM Website, it occured to me, why not just order a new BM.  And after living in accessory mounting hell with one of my current AR's, I thought, let's make this simple.

As you can see, BM does not catalog that upper (BURA3B16SIR) with any lower as a complete rifle.  They don't even (yet) catalog A-3 lowers with 6 position telescoping stocks (which is the way I want it).  They WILL, however, build one configured with the aforementioned (in the title) upper/lower (I have their part number) and their estimated turn around time is very quick.  I'll have a price on Monday.

I'm shooting for (pun intended, I guess) a carbine length AR, street legal in as many States as possible just to carry around, that's portable and reliable.  My current short AR is a 16" BM VMatch Carbine.  I like it.  But finding sights that were acceptable, and mounting a light, were both nightmares.  That's about all I'd put on this one.  Except I'd probably add optics ('cause my eye's are starting to suck).

Anybody like, hate, have any opinions on the SIR System Upper?  What do you guys think?      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top