Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 9:54:16 PM EDT
I am just curious, but on the cover of the "Black Hawk Down" DVD, it shows the actor holding an M16A2 with a nice tactical type sling on it. What kind of sling is that and where can I pick up a sling like that?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find the Giles sling? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.thewilderness.com/Pages/slings_giles1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Giles Slings are great, and they are essentially the progenetor of the tactical sling species, being the first after-market sling based on the HK three point design.

That being said [b]CQB Solutions[/b] makes slings that are functionally equivalent to the Giles Slings, and feature softer webbing like the old Giles, that many, including myself prefer.  CQB Solutions slings are also available in OD and are less expensive than the Giles Slings from the Wilderness.

[url]www.lightfighter.com[/url]

or go direct to:

[url]www.cqbsolutions.com[/url]

Best regards,

JAW
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I am looking at this Giles sling and it looks like it would more hurt you than help you. Looks like it would be in the way constantly and such. Anyone ever use on of these sling sytems?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am looking at this Giles sling and it looks like it would more hurt you than help you. Looks like it would be in the way constantly and such. Anyone ever use on of these sling sytems?
View Quote

I have used a Giles for a couple of years now, since I got my first AR.  It doesn't get in the way at all.  Why would you think that?  The jury rigged top mount GI sling would probably get in the way more than the Giles.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried one for a while.  I ended up selling it.

I just like the simple old silent sling.  The Giles thing was annoying for my purposes.  My Patrol Rifle instructor showed us simple carry and transtion techniques for the regular sling.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top