Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 11:19:43 PM EDT
There is guy named Leon Nowack who runs Centermass firearms in Henderson Nevada. He was selling LEO Colts that  he striped out for parts, to sell uppers and stocks to make $$, and then rebuild with various uppers to sell to public at 1750.00 a piece !! The day before the price was 1350.00. But why gouge one eye when there is two !!! I have been in there before and to top it off he is an arogant EX Army Ranger kind of like the David Schwimer character in Band of Brothers...
who knows everthing.

I know this is not the best place for this but it really ticked me off, I got my LEO's somewhere else. But when I heard this, I wonder who is worse  guys like this or people like Fienstien. None of the rest of the dealers in this county pulled any crap like this.

Everyone should call this guy and thank him for good dealer conduct....

Centermass Firearms  702-558-7890
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Who's to say he was really a Ranger?  It's probably all talk.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm missing something here?

The buyer sets the price, not the seller!

No one forces anyone to buy at high prices.  They make that choice all by themselves.

RTLW,

-- Chuck

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]

None of the rest of the dealers in this county pulled any crap like this.

So.. you called them all ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#6]
As I indicated I did purchase elsewhere way before the ban Sunset. And there is nothing wrong with making a buck. I quit buy from him a long time ago.  But a 400 $ increase overnight sounds a bit greedy to me.
Especially for something that has been parted out and rebuilt. I pay market price for stuff I want all the time with no problem. But this guy is out to screw people, all of the other dealers know it to.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But this guy is out to screw people, all of the other dealers know it to.

He only "screws" those that allow themselves to be screwed. That is our whole point. Just like you, if I go to a place that is overpriced (IMHO), then I go elsewhere. Eventually if enough others feel that way he is either going to have to lower his prices or go out of business. Don't sweat it. The simple laws of economics will take care of him. Don't let it "tick you off" as all that emotion is just a waste of energy and a good way to raise your bloodpressure. Life is too short.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#8]

......he has always been a stand up guy.  his price is sky high.......

I just love this.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I was there about two weeks ago.   The only Colt I saw was a M6400C, which I personally inspected.   Nothing was swapped out (then).   Parts had all the correct markings.   Prices were high.

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding something with brand-x parts, or to  later sell it at a high price.   But if he was advertising that parts rifle as all Colt, well then there's a big problem.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Per GoatBoy--do not use this site to attack businesses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top