Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:38:13 PM EDT
Hey guys, I was thinking that I may eventually decide to buy up some spare parts for the Bushy, and I was wondering if there is a general consensus on how long each component of an AR will last round-count wise.  What are first the and foremost important items that will need replacing?

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
A spare extractor, extractor spring and insert are usually good to have on hand. The small repair kits from Bushmaster are nice to get. After time you’ll amass enough spares to almost build another rifle. I don’t like to take chances and stock up on just about every small part involved.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
unless something breaks right away, start thinking extractor at about 12k rounds.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, you two.  I haven't been lucky finding much info on the topic, but for curiosity sake I figured it'd be a good thing to know.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Bush Master has a very good kit for $36.00 that has a lot of parts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bush Master has a very good kit for $36.00 that has a lot of parts.

Yeah, I was about to ask that.  Which kit of Bushmaster's do I want?  They have four or five different kits, and I want to make sure and get the right one.

Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top