Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 1:43:27 PM EDT
I just bought an 800 round case of Australian F4 7.62 x 51 for my HK 91 clone.
The base is stamped with "AFE" and "89".  Is the "89" the year the ammo was
made?

thanks,
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Where did you find that? Local place selling it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff.

I've got 2k rounds of it on bandoleers in 200 round cans.    I don't want to use it for simple blasting I like it so much.

I'm gonna resort to loading up all my plinking/practice ammo by buying surplus components while it is still available for reasonable prices.     With surplus loaded ammo getting short on supply, it's only a matter of time before surplus components wind up in a similar situation.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That is great stuff.  Used to be real common, like the SA stuff is right now.  I've put beaucoup Aussie through my M1A.  Clean, reliable and consistent.   What did you pay for it?  And can you get more?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Local pawn shop had three cases, I bought one for $140.00 out the door.  Are you guys saying I
should go and buy another case?

thanks,
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Local pawn shop had three cases, I bought one for $140.00 out the door.  Are you guys saying I

thanks,

You should buy ALL of it at that price. Period.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

thanks,

Thats great stuff.  I would buy them out.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top