Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/16/2004 1:26:24 PM EST
you know what I'm gonna ask...how the FU** do you get that foam tube on the receiver extension???? So far, I greased up the ext. with some liquid hand soap...seems to me I read somewhere that was a better lube than CLP...but I can only get the damn thing on there about an inch lol. Any tricks to this? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:41:19 PM EST
Spray the crap out of it with WD-40---as per the instuctions-----it will slide right on--------I used Hoppe's gun oil(no WD-40 in the house and I wanted to get it on -NOW) on my first one and that worked well too.

Then pull back on both ends and wipe off the excess----readjust to your liking after that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:20:47 PM EST
Compressed air worked great for me. I have a little compressor for my airbrush that I used to just slide the foam tube right on. It's helpful to have a second person help guide the stock on in the process, but can be juggled by one if needed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:51:11 PM EST
I just put mine back on. I used no lube, just worked it down the buffer tube by hand.

It took a while, but I did it while watching Fox News obliviate about Hurricane Ivan, so I didn't mind...
Top Top