Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 12:32:41 PM EDT
No instructions came with the 30mm mount, and I've never set up a scoped rifle.

Any tips on putting scope in mount: using Loc-Tite, how much torque (by hand), etc?

And the postings have enlightened me to inspect the IOR M2 before letting it touch the mount. Looks nice and clear and Illuminated reticle works on all settings, should I mess with testing the zeroing knobs before mounting?

If there was a good posting recently, guide me there and I'll shut up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I just torque by hand. You can feel when enough is enough.

Before tightening the Armalite down to the upper, push forward to eliminate any slop the mount could experience during recoil.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind that many people over-torque their ring bolts. All you really need to do is snug them down. Not too tight... just a good medium 'snug.' Be carefull to go back and forth to each side of the rings as you tighten. When done, the gap between the ring tops and the main body of the mount should be equal on both sides of each ring.

-Gil
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
So far so good, I finger tightened the ring screws by holding the small leg of the allen wrench only (I have to watch those things, I was an Amtrac mechanic in the Marines - and I'm use to bolts that torque 400 ft lbs). The gaps are even and I alternated in a pattern. Thanks.

The IOR M2 has fantastic glass, and I like the NATO reticle - particularly when illuminated (spotting the imaginary bad guys in my back yard last night). I plan to remove the rubber eyepiece when shooting with safety glasses, but will use it when shooting without the glasses.

I'll produce a write up after I test fire the whole platform. [:D]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top