Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2014 12:57:00 PM EDT
Looks like Ares came up with a 50 State compliant platform that uses most AR15 accessories and it doesn't look all that bad.

Designed for optimal configuration, the ARES SCR™ accepts most Modern Sporting Rifle accessories and parts including magazines, upper receivers, barrels, bolts, handguards and optics- so it can be easily and effectively reconfigured for each individual shooters’ style and activity.  Supported by a full line of performance accessories and manufactured of the highest quality aircraft grade alloys by American craftsmen, the weatherproof, dependable ARES SCR™ will provide a lifetime of accurate shooting pleasure for all Americans.  See the new, sleek, low profile ARES SCR™ at the NRA Show - Booth 7970.

Specifications:
Caliber- Available in .223/5.56mm, 7.62x39mm
Magazine Capacity- Comes with 5rd. (Can accept any AR15/M16 Magazine).
Weight- 5.7 Lbs.              
OAL- Carbine: 37”  -   Rifle: 39”
Barrel Length- Carbine: 16.25” -  Rifle: 18” 1/9 Twist
Handguard – Magpul® MOE® handguard available in both Carbine and Rifle Lengths
Finish: MIL-Spec Black Hardcoat anodized finish
100% Made in the U.S.A.
Patented Design with Additional Patents Pending

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks great and they are definitely on to something here. This is by far the best looking option for us Commufornians that want to avoid the bullet button. It kind of reminds me of a cross between a m1a socom, mini-14, and an AR.
I wouldn't be surprised if this became more of an ease into the AR market for m1a fanboys. I will be buying the lower after i see some reviews of actual reliability.
Great job Ares!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
How the hell does it cycle?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto.  Perhaps it has a shotgun like action spring down in the stock, and a shortened carrier and a pivoting spring actuator, because it doesn't look like it is above the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ditto.  Perhaps it has a shotgun like action spring down in the stock, and a shortened carrier and a pivoting spring actuator, because it doesn't look like it is above the barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure no-one will know until after Shot Show.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to pimp their site but you can see a close up here
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it but think a p90 style stock would look better IMO.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't they show this like 5 years ago?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know.  First time I've seen anything like it. I'm trying to see if I can get my hands on it to try out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show Show or the NRA Show?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
because it doesn't look like it is above the barrel.
View Quote

Says it works with any upper...so definitely not above the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet it's like an FAL... so you'd have to use their bolt carrier with your upper.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
It has a buffer and receiver extension in the stock, but it opposed lay requires a special buffer and bcg from what I read on Calguns.net
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bet it's like an FAL... so you'd have to use their bolt carrier with your upper.
View Quote

We have a winner!

Patent Link

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]
That is one of the least horrifying attempts at a ban state AR that I've seen, and I kinda like it...
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

They've been showing it off and on for at least that long, since the first "election panic."  

Interesting idea, I suppose, for those who need it, but it's really nothing but background noise until it actually starts showing up in people's hands... pre-order/backorder/"they took my money" doesn't count... Shrike, anyone?

~Augee
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top