Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:20:02 PM EDT
I just received my Bushmaster upper receiver from PK Firearms, man talk about fast as hell shipping. Ordered it on saturday and it arrived here in So. Cal. today (Wednesday). When I placed my order, I selected M4 handguards but for some reason these look like standard carbine handguards to me. I couldn't tell ya the difference unless I had both sets in front of me, but since I've never never seen anything other than the standard 20" in person, I just don't know. Here is a pic and i'll also provide a link to my photo web hosting site:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/crazyjeeper/New%20AR%20Stuff/SSC_0179.jpg

photobucket.com/albums/v296/crazyjeeper/New%20AR%20Stuff/
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
look like carbine to me
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
yup, carbine in outside profile.  But if I understand correctly the M4 HG's have two layers of metal inside.  Check to see if the difference is in the HG
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
There's only one layer of metal inside. Eh...I can live with the carbine handguards for the time being. Eventually i'm going to get something that's railed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Carbine.  M4 H-guards are much bigger in diameter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
PK can ship that to Ca?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
PK can ship that to Ca?

Yeah with attached FS, uppers are easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.  It's the lowers with open mag-wells that are very very very hard.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah with attached FS, uppers are easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.  It's the lowers with open mag-wells that are very very very hard.

Uh, I just drosed 2 stripped lowers...legally. I picked up my Stag yesterday and I pick up my Ameetec tomorrow. There are 10's of thousands of people buying off list lowers in California, legally. The only thing is that we have to install a fixed mag kit. Check out the link I provided above..it's to my stripped lower.

Check out this link regarding CA off-list lowers:
www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=81
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes those are carbine handguards.
Contact them, I'm sure they'll exchange them for you.
Mike

Quoted:
yup, carbine in outside profile.  But if I understand correctly the M4 HG's have two layers of metal inside.  Check to see if the difference is in the HG

not all M4 handguards are double lined

Mike
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Carbine.  M4 H-guards are much bigger in diameter.

+1 definitely carbine
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
PK Firearms are awesome. I emailed them about the how my upper came shipped with carbine handguards. I seriously told them I was happy about how fast it came to my house and not to worry about the handguards; as I will most likely be buying something with a rail down the road. They said they're going to send me another set and not to worry about the carbine handguards. I don't feel right keeping them, so I'm going to send them back to them. Nice guys to deal with. Aparently, they're getting use to their new ordering software. I'm giving them an A+.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top