Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2019 10:52:54 AM EDT
Iam looking for a black ar15 stand with a tray on the bottom.I have seen some that look black with a tray made of plastic of some sort. Brownells and some other places don't sell them.I hope arfcom can help.Please include web site please. Thanks to all that help.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a vice?  If so, get a mag block.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Iam looking for a black ar15 stand with a tray on the bottom.I have seen some that look black with a tray made of plastic of some sort. Brownells and some other places don't sell them.I hope arfcom can help.Please include web site please. Thanks to all that help.
View Quote
Google search “polymer ar 15 cleaning stand”
Select images and pick whatever one you like
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Plastix Plus is what you seek.  I think an arfcommer manufactures them.  Midway sells them.

They have a lot of good stuff.  You can even buy a stub and make your own.

Brownells does indeed sell them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like they no longer ship from the factory?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like Plastix Plus no longer makes them?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Berry's Versacradle is the answer if this is going on a work bench.

The Berry's VersaCradle™ System
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#7]
When I first saw this thread I thought of a few of the different products on this page.

Best, they're available from our new corporate overlords fabulous partner, Brownells.  Who I love very much and look forward to sharing all my dollar with.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I was hoping to find a simple stand like the Plastix stand, but no one seems to make one like that anymore.

The Plastix Plus stands are no longer available via Brownells and it appears that Plastix Plus no longer makes the product.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Im looking for the simpler Plastix Plus type.

Did ARFCOM stop selling their version?
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Could make one from wood.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could make one from wood.
View Quote
Ha!  I did just this.  1x4 with a little 1/4" plywood.  Stapled some old socks to the cradles.  Boxed in the base to make a tray to hold the bottles/patches/jags etc.  20 years later it's still working fine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had a Tipton entry level gun vise and it works well as a cleaning station for sporting rifles but not for ARs or anything with a pistol grip.

Plastix is what the OP is describing but if they're OOB Tipton may be the next closest thing, although I don't think the one linked above 'BEST VISE' has a catch tray for spillage/loose parts.

One other option if you're handy would be to get something like the Wheeler mag block that bolts to a bench and a shallow tub. Cut a piece of plywood the size of the bottom of the tub and bolt the Wheeler to it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
A gun vise may help. "Tipton Gun Vise" works fine with AR 15.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top