AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:17:45 PM EDT
Here

Wonder if anyone here had used theses?

If so, whats your thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
i have one on my bench AR its ok it does everything it says it will do, holds the recievers together and all but it makes it a complete pain in the ass to clean or to crack it open for any reason i dont think it improves accuaracy at all really but makes the gun "feel" better if thats your goal then go for it
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]

I had one. It worked great provided you tighten it sufficiently. It's very expensive at $40, so I'd only do it if I had a really sloppy gun and it was scoped and rigged for accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
But how can it improve accuracy when the sights, barrel, and bolt, are all connected to the upper.  All it can do is improve slope between the upper and lower, and no accuracy should be gained.

Save your money.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They look like a good way to stretch out the take down pin holes in your receivers if you over tighten it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But how can it improve accuracy when the sights, barrel, and bolt, are all connected to the upper.  All it can do is improve slope between the upper and lower, and no accuracy should be gained.

Save your money.

The accuracy is gained when the motion of the pistol grip is instantly transferred to the upper instead of flopping around. When I can't control where the gun points using my strong hand, that's a problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Save your money.

The accuracy is gained when the motion of the pistol grip is instantly transferred to the upper instead of flopping around. When I can't control where the gun points using my strong hand, that's a problem.

Wait, How much slop are we talking here.  

Your rifle is not pointed with your grip hand, it's supported by the forward hand on your upper handguard.  The grip hand, should be slightly pulling the rifle straight back into your shoulder, not pointing the rifle at the target.

so.....No.  Learn to shoot right.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top