Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/7/2005 3:31:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Monoloc?

This is an adaptor that allows you to use a night vision monocular with day optics. More info is at their website, www.monoloc.com. According to their website you can use it with different scopes or even a spotting scope. It is fairly expensive but it would be nice to be able to use my monocular with different scopes.

I was thinking of getting one to use with my PVS14. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
Still looking for some feedback.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:47:36 PM EDT
[crickets]chirp chirp[/crickets]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:14:30 PM EDT
i wanted to know more about the monoloc after i saw a pvs14 on a eothech! SWEET!
but even better would be a 552 eotech with a monoloc and a thermal monocular!!!!!

http://www.militaryinfrared.com/Thermal_Infrared_Monocular_T14.html

Imagine the possibilities!

And the price
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:41:19 PM EDT
I'm hoping to get a set soon to try out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:59:04 PM EDT
The MonoLoc can be difficult to use but there's one major benefit: having a scope reticle in your nvd display . The drawbacks are reduced effectiveness of the nvd with a magnified image and a very long sight assembly. These can be minimized by using a low power with large objective and by mounting the scope way forward so you can still have some semblance of cheek weld. Throw lever mounts help quite a bit.

I'm not so sure it would work with a thermal imager. For example, look at thermal images of a person inside a vehicle, behind a windshield. Glass has a major impact on what the imager will see, so anything between the imager lense and the heat source could be severly limiting its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:06:03 PM EDT
The only person I've known online to actually have a monoloc was Pinco Palla. I don't recall ever seeing a definitive yay or nay verdict on the product from him. But he's always a valuable source of information.

I've wanted one for use with an Eotech for some time. Just never got around to picking it up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:42:27 PM EDT
hey CSGunWorkscom. have you seen the pvs-14 monoloc'ed to a eotech? its insane how small it is! and it probably looks terrific with gen III to play around with.

i did mention the thermal monocular wich is the same size as the pvs-14 but that would throw the price well out of reach of anyone here.

can someone please post a pic of the AR with the 551 combo on top of it please? its here...
http://www.monoloc.com/index.php?id_page=76
Top Top