Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2005 3:31:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Monoloc?  

This is an adaptor that allows you to use a night vision monocular with day optics.  More info is at their website, www.monoloc.com.  According to their website you can use it with different scopes or even a spotting scope.  It is fairly expensive but it would be nice to be able to use my monocular with different scopes.

I was thinking of getting one to use with my PVS14.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Still looking for some feedback.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
[crickets]chirp chirp[/crickets]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i wanted to know more about the monoloc after i saw a pvs14 on a eothech! SWEET!
but even better would be a 552 eotech with a monoloc and a thermal monocular!!!!!

http://www.militaryinfrared.com/Thermal_Infrared_Monocular_T14.html

Imagine the possibilities!

And the price
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm hoping to get a set soon to try out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
The MonoLoc can be difficult to use but there's one major benefit: having a scope reticle in your nvd display . The drawbacks are reduced effectiveness of the nvd with a magnified image and a very long sight assembly. These can be minimized by using a low power with large objective and by mounting the scope way forward so you can still have some semblance of cheek weld. Throw lever mounts help quite a bit.

I'm not so sure it would work with a thermal imager. For example, look at thermal images of a person inside a vehicle, behind a windshield. Glass has a major impact on what the imager will see, so anything between the imager lense and the heat source could be severly limiting its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The only person I've known online to actually have a monoloc was Pinco Palla. I don't recall ever seeing a definitive yay or nay verdict on the product from him. But he's always a valuable source of information.

I've wanted one for use with an Eotech for some time. Just never got around to picking it up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
hey CSGunWorkscom. have you seen the pvs-14 monoloc'ed to a eotech? its insane how small it is! and it probably looks terrific with gen III to play around with.

i did mention the thermal monocular wich is the same size as the pvs-14 but that would throw the price well out of reach of anyone here.

can someone please post a pic of the AR with the 551 combo on top of it please? its here...
http://www.monoloc.com/index.php?id_page=76
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top