Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 7:39:40 PM EDT
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=246212

I contacted the owner of the gun but he does not remember what brand the block is or where he got it.

I have been searching with zero luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask a harder question next time...  

Ernie Wrenn @ SOCOM MFG

EDIT --  Be advised, this block is for holding Sten mags to feed the Olympic Arms 9mm system....  Cannot use it to hold Sten mag and feed the COLT/RRA/ASA/Garrison barrel.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn you have to use the olympic arms system. Will any mil-spec lower work?

I was going to try to stay away from oly but that is a sweet setup. What part of the oly setup must be used for this to work?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
This is mine -

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking about the hy-tech block. Only reason that sten mag setup caught my eye was the fact I could use 5$ sten mags with no modifications.

I had planned on using RRA stuff but I may go oly so I can use sten mags.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn you have to use the olympic arms system. Will any mil-spec lower work?

I was going to try to stay away from oly but that is a sweet setup. What part of the oly setup must be used for this to work?

The Socom mag block will work with any mil-spec lower.  The only part of the Oly setup you need is the 9mm upper.  You can put the upper on any mil-spec lower that you happen to have.  When I got my upper I used it on a preban Essential Arms lower.  After the ban sunset, I built up a Oly lower that I had bought during the ban for it.  I will eventfully have the block pinned in the lower.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
How much is the Oly upper? I e-mailed atlantic for the price.

I like the options the oly system free's up. Saves me some money at first since I can just swap my upper between both upper (will swap the buffers around but thats cake).

I want an A2 upper so the oly setup may be what I'm looking for. Hopefully I can get it with a FH instead of the break.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my Oly 9mm upper from Del-Ton, but I can't find it on their website anymore.  I don't remember what I paid for it.  I do know that you can get it as a A2 and a flattop style.  At the time I purchased mine, you could get it in preban and postban style as well.

Olympic Arms 9mm

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can just swap my upper between both upper (will swap the buffers around but thats cake).

I do not change buffers when i run my oly 9mm upper.  I have never had a problem.  I use the ace socom adj. stock and buffer--seems to work fine for both .223 and 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ask a harder question next time...  

Ernie Wrenn @ SOCOM MFG

www.socommfg.com/images/9adapt1.jpg

EDIT --  Be advised, this block is for holding Sten mags to feed the Olympic Arms 9mm system....  Cannot use it to hold Sten mag and feed the COLT/RRA/ASA/Garrison barrel.

Or guy in the EE for a lot less money.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=268316
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top