Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:36:37 PM EDT
In the September 19 issue of Shotgun News they are advertising a CAR kit for $414.95 that sounds from the description like it is complete except lower receiver (like most kits). How can they do this? Call me a pessimist, but since its $20 cheaper than the next cheapest vendor, Model 1 Sales (who has a somewhat spotty reputation from what I read around here), am I right to be a little skeptical as to what you get for that money? I'm still leaning towards getting another M&A kit, the mid-length even though it is significantly more expensive just because I've had no problems with the 20" kit I bought from them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:34:02 AM EDT
I've delt with sherluk at gun shows and the national matches. They seemed to be OK. I'm wondering if the barrel is chrome lined for the $20 less? The quality of parts I got from them seemed to be OK also. Their full built uppers, they had at the matches, were on quality with Model 1. I cant say anything about their shipping as I was FTF.

FYI They do have a sweet swirl cut free float tube that I've had my eye on for quite some time. No one else seems to carry them
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:01:25 AM EDT
I bought a 20" Chrome lined kit from them several years ago. Everything went together and worked fine. No complaints.
Top Top