Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 8:32:47 PM EDT
www.botac.com/brugthomqdqu.html

They look like a quality alternative to ARMS, GG&G, Knights, etc. mounts, but who the heck has any experience with them?

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow... nobody uses one of these???

Calling NickDrak... how is your B&T mount holding up?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, been in Colorado for the last two weeks with no internet access.
I really like mine so far (about 750rds.) I brought my Armalite with me out to CO. there is a public  shooting range about 1 mile down the road from my fathers house, and I put it to use. It never came loose and held its zero perfectly from what I could tell. It also seems very light to me, much lighter than my old Aimpoint QR mount that it replaced.

If you do decide to pick one up from botach, make sure to tell them to double check what they are sending you. I ordered two separate items from them in the past, and both times they screwed it up. I ordered the Low profile B&T Aimpoint mount, but they sent me the Medium mount. It worked out perfect for my Mid-length/Bi-level  S.I.R. mounted just in front of the upper level rail. I originally wanted the Low mount for my 10.25" upper with a Knights RAS II and I plan on ordering another one this week. Hopefully they(botach) will send me the right one this time. I'm gonna call DSA arms also, they have alot of B&T stuff offered on their web site. I will try and post some pics of it mounted on my 16" S.I.R. upper if hunt101 is working.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't comment on their Aimpoint rings but I do have their H&K G3 mount and have handled many of their other products.  They are definately on par quality wise with those you mentioned.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]

They are definitely on par quality wise with those you mentioned.

Which begs the question of why these mounts are not more popular?

They are comparably priced, they are made by a reputable & respected company, they get the job done, and they look pretty damn cool!

It just confuses me why some products on these forums are "must have" while others are virtually ignored?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I think alot of it has to do with marketing & distributing. B&T stuff is swiss made and not as readily available as the more popular US made stuff. It is definately High Quality stuff though, and I dont see it being expensive as some say, all of the major brands recommended will cost you at least $100. B&T are about $120, LaRue $115,  Knights $150.

Just cant find as many distributors/retailers for B&T stuff. I think thats the whole problem.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top