Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:03:28 AM EDT
Has anyone ever tried reloading a 5.56 case with a .22 pellet and a std.or magnum primer?  Got the idea yesterday after playing with some Aguila Colibris in a Ceiner adapter, but I don't have any pellets handy to see if it is dimensionally do-able.

Thanks,
Jason
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
This might answer your questions:

http://www.alamanceind.com/newfol~5/nation_34.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.

I pushed a .22 pellet into the rifling of my Browning, then fired with a blank.  Judging by penetration into paper, I'd estimate that the muzzle energy was around 10 foot pounds.  Noise was about the same as your average American pneumatic air rifle.  I happened to have a average American pneumatic air rifle that puts out more than 10 foot pounds.

Edit: this was with a .22 rimfire rifle, not a primed .223 case
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I once put a .22 pellet in my ruger 22/45, seated it in the rifling, then pulled the bullet out ofa long rifle and used the empty case. I fired it with just the primer power. THe pellet traveled all of 20'. They were daisy pellets, which are really just this lead subtance shaped like a pellet...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Never did that, but super-glued primers on the front of pellets many years ago...  Made a nice bang when they hit something hard.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top