Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:30:20 AM EDT
Have any of you tried mounting a Surefire 8NX Commander to your AR? Thought about trying it since it is rechargeable. Any info would be sweet. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen anyone try to attach that to a weapon. I dont think I would try it. It is awful big and I have friends who used to carry them as poice duty lights. All have quit caus the bulbs are kind of fragile. $20 bucks everytime you drop a light can get reall expensive. Now imagine what recoil of a gun would do??$20 a shot maybe??
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have any of you tried mounting a Surefire 8NX Commander to your AR? Thought about trying it since it is rechargeable. Any info would be sweet. Thanks.

With Batts being so cheap I would just stick with a non-rechargeable light.

C4

Not all of us have pockets as deep as you Grant, and a couple bucks a batt, for a tool that eats through them like crazy is not cheap.  Still, I stick to CR123s anyway, but I wouldn't call it cheap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I use my surefires alot, and the extra $100 I save for not buying a rechargeable will get me batteries for over a year.

Not to mention that when I batteries go dead I can change them out, not wait 6 hours for a full charge.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top