Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 8:08:44 PM EDT
Anybody here use barska optics? I have a barska m16 sight and I think it is great, I was thinking about getting this one, any thoughts?

http://www.shopbarska.com/Tactical_Scopes-BARSKA_3_9x42_IR_CONTOUR_SCOPE_PICATINNY_BASE.html
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My Barska "Varmint" 6.5-24x50 has held up OK on my .17 rifle, but is FAR from being quality glass.  I don't feel like it was worth the $40 I gave for it on sale.  I'll be replacing it with nicer glass come varmint season.  I think the general consensus is like most of the Chinese copies of optics, don't put it on anything you depend on.

Later,
Chrome...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Have that exact one, it was ~$60 from sportsmansguide.com LINK

Works for me on my AR.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Barska and BSA: I avoid them like the plague.

Spend the extra $50 and at least get a Simmons or something higher on the crap list.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The only Barska item I have is a spotting scope, which even then still isn't that great. I personally wouldn't put any Barska scope on my rifle though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Its not, its the rifle that is, its hard to hold a rifle and a camera

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top