Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 2:23:04 PM EDT
Or something else for that matter??

I saw a M900 painted dark tan awhile back.  I want one!!!

Opinions?!?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Monty,

Go for it...I've painted a couple guns using Krylon camo spray paint and recelty done a VLTOR stock, KAC pannels and will do the Tango Down grip as soon as it get's here....

If you look in the December 2003 issue of SWAT on page 67, Pat Roger has his M900 painted OD green.

Here's a few pic of the OD Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II that I used on a project:

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%203.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%202.jpg[/img]

Still waiting on the Textured Tango Down Vertical grip (which will also be painted OD Green) and my Surefire M961SU06 to finish up that project...Good Luck

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey cool pics Jeff!!

I saw that pic in SWAT.  I also Pat's carbine that he has done up in tan/coyote.  AWESOME brother!!!

I gotta get into this stuff...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for the complement....The Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II works great on the plastic stuff, just have to rough it up with some sand paper prior to painting....It takes a week to two weeks to "cure" but comes out looking great....You can also use it on metal products, but you have to strip it down to the bare metal...Brownell's now offers the Aluma-Hyde II in Coyote Brown, Earth Brown, OD Green, Tan, Flat Black, Gray, and a few other colors...If I knew that they had the Coyote when I ordered the OD a couple month ago I would have ordered a can of that also....You may want to check the "Barrels, Uppers, ect" section on the second page there is a post about Coyote KAC pannels and bsbg posted the info with some pics on the Coyote Aluma-Hyde II.

I have used Krylon camo paint to paint an entire AK, it holds up pretty good and even parts get a little worn it generally helps camoflage the weapon...

You got any pics of Pat's Coyote rifle?!?  [;)]

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
No pics of Pat's carbine....

Like an idiot, I never got around to asking for permission to shoot it.  I am sure he would have let me.  We were usually planning our night ops, if we weren't training.

He had his M900 painted tan, with a tan Magpul stock and tan KAC panels.  Looked slick man!!

I am just about convinced to whip out the 'ole debit card tommorow....
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top