Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 6:26:42 PM EDT
Has anyone ever messed with this Oly style 9mm upper from Sportsman's Guide?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=208314

Any comments at all would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:22:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 5:50:11 AM EDT by AR-fan]
Somebody here on ARFCOM will have some info for you about Vulcan products which I think is the old Hess company. Keep in mind that a very important item in buying a product is the type of customer service the manufacturer has. I'm not familiar with the manufacturer so I can't say if it's good quality or not.

I took a look at the 9mm upper and it does look nice -- a modified version of an OLY system with a ejector mounted in the magazine block instead of the wire spring ejector that Oly uses. I don't know what's involved in becoming a "Club Member" so you get the special price but the club member price is not bad for a complete 9mm upper, magblock and one magazine.

This is the picture of the 9mm upper shown in the ad.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:09:58 PM EDT
I recently built a 9mm AR. I did a lot of shopping and came across this deal. After reviewing posts regarding the Vulcan line of products, I was convinced not to buy their products. From all that I read, their guns are way low quality.

If the Oly style is what you are looking for, keep a sharp eye on EE, that is where I bought my upper and got a good deal on a great upper. The other option is Omega Man. He has good prices and can configure it any way you like.

www.omegamanenterprises.com/olympicarms.htm

Good luck and happy shooting
Top Top