Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2018 9:20:32 PM EDT
Decided I want to add a gun grease to my cleaning/oiling regiment of Mobil1 on all my variety of guns to help give better and longer protection while either in the gun safe, standing in corner, or by the bedside and aren't touched for weeks/months at a time.

Found this Grizzly Grease CLP which I've never heard of before, but what caught my eye was the designation of Mil-Prf 6340E, which I found by looking around the web is for use in police, security and military applications. It also has been tested in Artic conditions of -50*F with a flash point of +450*F which should be more than adequate for my purpose.

Anyone try this grease on your guns? Found it in 4oz jar for $14.99 on Amazon.

I know there's lots of well known gun greases out there, but none I've found has or mentions this Mil-Prf 6340E designation which seems to make it a better grease for using. IF, it works like they say.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep = It's similar to Frog Lube, Seal One..... (Paste)
It's ok - but I still find myself going back to Weapon Shield oil.....

I use the paste type lube on my hand guns, like Glocks and XD.

It's ok - but I don't like it for a AR Bolt Lube.  (Good for outside Rust Protection though)

** Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Torked. I got a couple questions into the company about the product. Waiting on answers from them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Just another fad lube. Same as frog lube. I remember when frog lube came out people were going nuts over it
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just another fad lube. Same as frog lube. I remember when frog lube came out people were going nuts over it
View Quote
I'd heard that with Frog Lube, one needed to warm the metal and massage the lube into the metal to work correctly. Also heard that it gums up over time.

Not seen any reviews about Grizzly Grease needing to have the metal warmed to absorb product, nor any mention of gumming up over time, but I'm still reading reviews about the product and nothing I'm seeing is anybody mentioning anything about Frog Lube having the MIL-PRF 6340E standard for professional or military usage. If FL has it, then it could be same with a different brand name. If FL doesn't, then it really is different.

Please, elaborate on whether it is same as Frog Lube or different. I'm still doing research on the many different grease products out there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Magnalube-G.  I have been using it for a long time, both on firearms, and high cyclic rate production equipment.

I have never touched an AR15 with this grease. 
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.g96.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/TR-01-97.pdf
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh my god I LOVE the smell of Grissly Grease.  But it's just so thick that I don't really like it much on anything in an AR.  Maybe I'll eventually change my mind on that, but it just doesn't seem to stick well to BCGs since it's so thick. It just flakes off in clumps. Seems a little too thick for FCG surfaces too.

For now, I'm mostly sticking with cheapo Outers Choke Tube & Gun Grease from Walmart. Perfect consistency IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies and info gents.

I had a couple questions into the company now for 2 weeks or more and still no return email, so I chalked it up to, if company won't return simple question quarries about their product, then the questions I asked told me their product isn't what they proclaim it to be.

I don't even remember what the questions were now. I contacted them directly from their own website, so they definitely got the email.

I went with SLIP2000 EWG(Extreme Weapons Grease) and am now putting it on all my firearms.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
mobil 1, no different
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'd heard that with Frog Lube, one needed to warm the metal and massage the lube into the metal to work correctly. Also heard that it gums up over time.

Not seen any reviews about Grizzly Grease needing to have the metal warmed to absorb product, nor any mention of gumming up over time, but I'm still reading reviews about the product and nothing I'm seeing is anybody mentioning anything about Frog Lube having the MIL-PRF 6340E standard for professional or military usage. If FL has it, then it could be same with a different brand name. If FL doesn't, then it really is different.

Please, elaborate on whether it is same as Frog Lube or different. I'm still doing research on the many different grease products out there.
View Quote
I've used Froglube exclusively for a year. It worked great and I loved it at first. Eventually the gumming issue came into play and I found out it completely locked my rifle out on ones that I don't shoot as often. Guns that I shoot often worked really well.

You don't need to "heat" the gun for froglube to work. The idea is you leave it on the gun for a little while, then you come back and wipe it completely off and you're good to go. It works really, really well if you shoot all the time and clean it all the time.

Grizzly Grease is based on plant material, the same as froglube. Matter of fact, I believe they're both at the same location.  Like Froglube, Fireclean, Militec, and any other lube of similar where you have to "absorb" then wipe off, they all gum up after time. Nearly every off product I've used seems to have flaws. Froglube is definitely not used by the military. Fireclean "success stories" all center around some belt fed machine guns that shot for days on end with 1000s of rounds and somehow everything just wiped off. It's the same story repeated by folks across boards, and even strangely they all seems to have first post and it's about the infamous belt fed machine gun that they shot all day. They also have videos where they wipe carbon off, but you can do that with any firearm and they never show up close shots of areas where the carbon actually sticks (boat tail, inside carrier group, barrel, etc). Just ridiculous stories like that should cast doubts.

I used Breakfree, motor oil, and automotive grease. I'd go back to it in a heartbeat, but I found Milcomm products and they work just as well as the automotive stuff/breakfree, but I feel safer about it. I've been using Milcomm products for years, and absolutely love it and would recommend it to anyone. Breakfree, G96, and milcomm tw25b grease are currently used by the military, just for your information though tw25b is more of a heavy gun grease.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
With these wonder lubes, keep in mind that the M1917 went  48 minutes and 12 seconds using probably wale sperm as a lube.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
With these wonder lubes, keep in mind that the M1917 went  48 minutes and 12 seconds using probably wale sperm as a lube.
View Quote
It’s sperm whale oil. I don’t think anyone used whale sperm for lube. That sounds nasty.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s sperm whale oil. I don’t think anyone used whale sperm for lube. That sounds nasty.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Just get cherry balmz.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well we can't use sperm whale oil anymore so you have to find a comparative synthetic now days.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Which is the best automotive grease that is available in stores without having to order online? Those that are using grease is it only on certain parts or everywhere instead of oil?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top