Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 2:45:51 AM EDT
What do you guys think about Pro-shot SS one piece cleaning rods?  I've got one for my Rem 700 .308 and it's really nice.  It's smooth, sturdy, and the ends fit perfectly.  I'm trying to decide if I should get one for my AR?  Thanks - Rick
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Some will say that SS is too hard and may scratch the barrel.. If you use a Bore guide, this is not a problem. If your barrel is chrome lined like a Busmaster, it clearly is not a problem as the chrome is pretty hard itself.

In short and IMHO, they are great for the price, sturdy, and pose no problems. I have used one for 25,000 rounds or so, and careful examination with a bore scope revealed no scratches.

YMMV.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Tack,

Thanks... This is the kind of response I was looking for!

"I have used one for 25,000 rounds or so, and careful examination with a bore scope revealed no scratches."

I went ahead and purchased the Pro-shot SS rod for my AR.   They're really nice and helpful people to deal with.

I'm still trying to confirm what kind of barrel I have.  My AR is a Pre-Ban Colt Sporter .223  SN# 017XXX.  I think it's a model number R6530 based on what I've read at biggerhammer.net

Thanks Again - Rick

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top