Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 8:43:27 PM EDT
I just put together this Sionics Patrol Zero setup. With the Larue mount and RMR Im in it for right at $1100. Its light and seems pretty nice. I put this together for a truck gun/beater.

Anyone have much trigger time on a Sionics rifle?

fullsizeoutput_d72 by Austin Scott, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_d75 by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good.
No experience with Sionics, how do you like the RMR on a full size rifle. Looks tiny on that thing
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Its my first experience with RMR on a rifle. So far its OK. Im more of a T1/T2 on everything person, but I got this RMR for cheap.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought a stripped lower and 2 lower parts kits from them. Super nice parts, trigger (enhanced) and lower!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Bumping this up for more info. Anyone else have experience with Sionics? I have been looking at the complete upper receivers that they offer.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Some officers here have used Scionics complete rifles  (specified as the "PAT3" model in current city procurement docs, although I believe a different model was previously purchased ) as patrol rifles with no issues. They were tested and approved by the Dept, for all that's worth lol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Sionics complete upper a couple of years ago when they ran a sale.  It was a good one.  Had no problems with it.  Got rid of it to pursue other projects, but sometimes I wish I had it back.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Sionics 16 in Barrel.  Unfortunately haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. But my Strike Eagle will be here today to mount on it so it will get some range time soon.  I have never heard a bad word about Sionics, that's why I went with them for the Barrel, plus great price on what you get.

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the best out there, it has been for years.  Their core clientele is LE, I know the folks there very well, and they do not cut corners on anything.

Full disclosure: we do business with them, and they'll be helping us with our SBCG project.  If you don't know Sionics and its folks, some of you at least know me and my company to only work with trustworthy and respected operators and companies in the business
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a 11.5" barrel from them and it really nice. It was cheaper than a BCM barrel and just as nice
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
They make good quality stuff.  They have a new upper out i have been looking at Patrol Three-E-UR http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/patrol/133-patrol-three-e-ur.html . Its priced really good for a chrome lined barrel upper that is MP and radiograph inspected with a 13 inch rail.  I also have been looking at their NP3 coated BCG which i have read very good things about.  I like that the barrels have a 1/8 twist and from a few youtube reviews i have seen they are accurate.  MrGunsAndGear has a review on one of their rifles i believe
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
They make great stuff. If I remember correctly, they port their barrels properly, too. In other words, not ridiculously overgassed. I've always had an appreciation for a company that doesn't drill huge ports.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They make great stuff. If I remember correctly, they port their barrels properly, too. In other words, not ridiculously overgassed. I've always had an appreciation for a company that doesn't drill huge ports.
View Quote
I am looking on their website, but I can not see their port size for their barrels.  Well, I do not see one on their 11.5 anyway.  Do you have the port size or an estimate by chance?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I did a build for my patrol rifle with a Sionics reduced gas port 11.5" barrel. Good stuff.  I wish the gas port was reduced even more though. It's a lot better than most, but I still use a Bootleg carrier with my SpecWar K to knock down the gas a bit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I know very little about them besides "the other site" raves about them as the only "cheap one to buy"
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a reduced gas port 11.5".
It's better than my 6933 as far as gas to the face and is fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:36:17 AM EDT
[#16]
This caught my eye SIONICS...

Appears unrelated to Mitchell Webell's company.

The original SIONICS was about 5 miles from where I live, there is still a guard shack visible from the road with a sign that reads SIONICS on it and the land was recently put up for sale.

Geraldo Rivera did a piece on them back in the 80's he feared for his life after he did it.

Werbell was possibly murdered on the orders of Larry Flynt of Hustler fame.

Co-invented the MAC-10.

My dad knew the man, interesting guy from what I've heard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_WerBell_III
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#17]
They're out of Tucson.  Several agencies in my AO use them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't have any complete rifles, but I've used a lot of their parts recently and have been happy with them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This caught my eye SIONICS...

Appears unrelated to Mitchell Webell's company.

The original SIONICS was about 5 miles from where I live, there is still a guard shack visible from the road with a sign that reads SIONICS on it and the land was recently put up for sale.

Geraldo Rivera did a piece on them back in the 80's he feared for his life after he did it.

Werbell was possibly murdered on the orders of Larry Flynt of Hustler fame.

Co-invented the MAC-10.

My dad knew the man, interesting guy from what I've heard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_WerBell_III
View Quote
I thought that he had cancer, was an occasional coke user, and just had a heart attack?  Flynt was and is a nut, and gathered nuts around him, but I found the poisoning idea really odd the first time I heard it.

And yes, i saw the name and was startled too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top