Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 4:38:50 AM EDT
Just curious.  Does FN make any M16A2 or M16A4 rifle with full auto instead of burst?  Or are all FN made M16's only capable of semi and bust fire?

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
All the FN M-16's I was issued were 3-round burst equipped.  I don't know of any instances where a full auto FN was encountered, but you never know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just curious.  Does FN make any M16A2 or M16A4 rifle with full auto instead of burst?  

No ALL M16A2s and M16A4s are burst - its part of the requirements.

However they MIGHT produce the M16A3 which is the full-auto version of the M16A2.

Colt however does produce a version of the M16A4 that is full auto for export (basically it's a C7A1 rifle).
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes they do [make full auto m16a3] used by USN.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Page 132 of Christopher Bartocci's Black Rifle II has some nice closeup shots of a FNMI-made M16A3, with visible safe-semi-auto markings.`According to the book, "Relatively few--approximately 7,480-- M16A3 rifles have been produced by FNMI, exclusively for the US Navy." The M16A3 was originally designated the M16A2E3.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just curious.  Does FN make any M16A2 or M16A4 rifle with full auto instead of burst?  

No ALL M16A2s and M16A4s are burst - its part of the requirements.

However they MIGHT produce the M16A3 which is the full-auto version of the M16A2.

Colt however does produce a version of the M16A4 that is full auto for export (basically it's a C7A1 rifle).

You should watch those broad, sweeping statements. There are always exceptions. I have seen many full auto M16A2s. Don't forget, the US Army is not the only entity that uses M16A2s, and many entities that use the M16A2 do not have the "Burst" requirement.
here is one:

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate all you input, thanks!  

So generally speaking, most FN rifles are burst marked unless there's a special order like the Navy requirement for A3's.

_DR, I've seen that picture of the Colt M16A2 also, came from autoweapons web site if I'm not mistaken.  It was one of the reasons I got curious about the markings on FNMI M16A2's and A4's.  It seems that Colt does not follow any rule as to what to mark any particular model.  I guess it depends on what the customer wants.

Thanks again.

Frontsight  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top