Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 11:02:08 AM EDT
I was going through my "stash" of AR gear this weekend just to clean out the clutter and I found a bunch of brand new pre-ban LaBelle teflon 30rnd. mags that I had horded away in the days of the AWB.  Some of these are still NIW and the others are brand new still in the plastic bag, but opened.

Living in a "free" state, I don't have to worry about "pre-ban" or "post-ban", though I did notice that these pre-ban mags seem to be of a slightly better quality and tolerances.

My question:  Are pre-ban mags worth anything more than post-ban mags these days?  Like in one of the "banned" states perhaps?

Thanks,

-Frank

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They are if you can get someone to pay more for them in a ban state. I've got some I may sell at a slight loss, so I can use the proceeds to buy more new D&H Black Teflons... the plan is to sell 21 prebans, buy 32 new teflons...if I can get what I think I may be able to (iffy, but we'll see). What's not to like?

The highest I've seen prebans sell for recently is $15 each. If you can get more, more power to you.

There are those here who would castigate you for making a profit off the misfortune of a fellow ARFCOMMER because he still lives in a ban state. I won't be one of them. If they hate it so much, they can always move to a free state. Do whatever you want.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of demand in States with AWB's See if you cant work out a deal with some of the residents. you could sell 'em for 10 bucks and then buy new ones
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
im sent
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Tacked Thread from EEs "Want to Trade" forum:

WTT Preban Magazines for those behind enemy lines *UPDATED*   (Page 1)
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=98&t=288745

I've had my 10 used mags on there since early January, and still haven't had ANYONE showing ANY interest.       I felt all good about myself, thinking I'd be able to help someone behind enemy lines, but oh well.

But it looks like you got an IM for your NIW mags, good for you.    
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top