Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:03:33 AM EDT
Does anybody out there know if Apple Computer is anti-gun? I'm about to pick up my 4th Macintosh computer and might re-think the decision to buy if they are.

Oh yeah, anybody know about: Home Depot and lowes?

Thanks
Tropic
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:39:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2003 8:41:01 AM EDT by BigIck]
I looked on the NRA-ILA site but couldn't find Apple/Macintosh listed, but that doesn't mean that they are/aren't. I do know the CEO of Lowe's put out a Chain-wide policy regarding CCWs. Some stores started putting up signs that concealed weapons were not allowed. People wrote to the CEO and he changed the policy that CCW [b]are[/b] allowed and all stores are to take down the signs. That was five or six years ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:08:03 AM EDT
Apple is know for it's left wing stance on almost everything. one of their main pitchmen was/is Jeff Goldblum ...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:16:14 AM EDT
Warning: slightly OT: As a former WA resident, I learned of the MicroSoft GUN CLUB. These are a great group of employees that not only enjoy shooting (IPSC, etc.) but are VERY politically active. One that I knew was a Director of the Washington Arms Collectors (the 2nd largest club in the US). Bill Gates and his father had given money to an anti-gun proposition in WA state, while at the same time the members of the MicroSoft Gun Club and all other state pro-gun rights orgs. helped defeat it. So sometimes you can't tell about an organization or the employees. BTW, I don't use any MicroSoft products.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:37:44 AM EDT
Thanks. I don't use micro$oft produces either, I dont like Gates or his company. That one of the reasons I stuck with Apple. If Apple is anti-gun, I guess I'll make the switch to a SGI. I suppose I could always buy used, that way the company doesn't see any of my $$$ Tropic
Top Top