Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:03:33 AM EDT
Does anybody out there know if Apple Computer is anti-gun? I'm about to pick up my 4th Macintosh computer and might re-think the decision to buy if they are.

Oh yeah, anybody know about: Home Depot and lowes?

Thanks
Tropic
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked on the NRA-ILA site but couldn't find Apple/Macintosh listed, but that doesn't mean that they are/aren't.

I do know the CEO of Lowe's put out a Chain-wide policy regarding CCWs.  Some stores started putting up signs that concealed weapons were not allowed.  People wrote to the CEO and he changed the policy that CCW [b]are[/b] allowed and all stores are to take down the signs.  That was five or six years ago.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Apple is know for it's left wing stance on  almost everything.  one of their main pitchmen was/is Jeff Goldblum ...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Warning: slightly OT:
As a former WA resident, I learned of the MicroSoft GUN CLUB.  These are a great group of employees that not only enjoy shooting (IPSC, etc.) but are VERY politically active.  One that I knew was a Director of the Washington Arms Collectors (the 2nd largest club in the US).  Bill Gates and his father had given money to an anti-gun proposition in WA state, while at the same time the members of the MicroSoft Gun Club and all other state pro-gun rights orgs. helped defeat it.  So sometimes you can't tell about an organization or the employees.  BTW, I don't use any MicroSoft products.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.

I don't use micro$oft produces either, I dont like Gates or his company. That one of the reasons I stuck with Apple. If Apple is anti-gun, I guess I'll make the switch to a SGI.

I suppose I could always buy used, that way the company doesn't see any of my $$$

Tropic
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top