It looks strangely similar to some that Wes at MSTN built and posted here recently... I suspect we talked to the same folks about the set-up.
- RRA Lower
- RRA Lower Parts Kit
- Chip McCormick single stage drop in trigger group
- VLTOR Clubfoot buttstock, buffer tube and buffer
- David Tubb Chrome Silicon recoil spring
- Tango Down Battlegrip
- CMT Upper
- Noveske 18" SPR barrel; midlength gas; 1:7 Polygonal twist; KG Koted OD
- Gemtech Bilock flash hider
- LaRue Low Profile Gas Block
- LaRue 12.0 rail
- LaRue bipod mount with Harris BRM-S and PodLock
- LaRue M4/SPR mount
- Leupold 60010 Mark 4 LR/T 3.5-10x40mm M1 Illum TMR
- LaRue JPoint Mount
- JP Enterprises JPoint 4moa red dot
- GG&G sling mount
- SKT Industries hybrid 3-point sniper sling
- Tangodown Vertical Foregrip
- Gemtech M4-96D
*sling removed for clarity.
Some background: I'd been planning to build an SPR for some time and finally got around to it. Originally I had planned to build a standard Mk 12 Mod 0 or Mod 1 upper with fixed stock. I had the chance to shoot a rifle similar to my final build at the BORTAC Force Mod conference in March 05 and really liked how all of the LaRue pieces fit together as a system. The rifle felt really nicely balanced and shot very well even in my novice hands with the Noveske barrel. So I set out to build my own copy of that rifle I had used. Noveske builds some very nice barrels and I have plans to build a 10.5" CQB and 16" Recce Carbine using his barrels as well as his superb Krinkov Flash Hider for the AR platform.
Very nice Owen. I've been lusting after various Noveske barrels since I first saw them this spring. I think I'm going to build a Recce with one soon--maybe during Christmas break.
I'm living on the east side now, and my school won't permit me to have any weapons. I am going through some serious withdrawal!
PS how do you like the CMC trigger?