Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 12:26:36 PM EDT
I ordered my first Ar kit from Model 1 sales, it is a Car 15 kit.  I have not seen it yet since I am currently in Iraq, but I will be home in a few days.  I don't know who makes Model 1's upper so I'm kind of curious as to the color it will be, I want to buy a Spikes Tactical lower for it but I'm afraid the colors will be really different.  Has anybody ever built a model 1 kit and if so what lowers have you used on it?  If I have to paint the upper and lower what kind of paint can I use to do it?  How durable is the paint will it scratch off easily?  So may questions so little time thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#1]
First let me say thank you for keeping us safe. All upper and lowers are anodized so wear isn't a problem. As for matching a little FP10 goes a long way to keeping the rifle looking good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
No problem just doing my job.  I carry an M4 which gets tossed around a lot,so I know the anodizing is durable, but what I meant was I've read about people using duracoat to paint barrels, uppers, etc...  Thanks for the quick answer though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top