Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 12:26:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/17/2008 2:03:51 AM EDT by peligro113]
I ordered my first Ar kit from Model 1 sales, it is a Car 15 kit.  I have not seen it yet since I am currently in Iraq, but I will be home in a few days.  I don't know who makes Model 1's upper so I'm kind of curious as to the color it will be, I want to buy a Spikes Tactical lower for it but I'm afraid the colors will be really different.  Has anybody ever built a model 1 kit and if so what lowers have you used on it?  If I have to paint the upper and lower what kind of paint can I use to do it?  How durable is the paint will it scratch off easily?  So may questions so little time thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:33:37 PM EDT
First let me say thank you for keeping us safe. All upper and lowers are anodized so wear isn't a problem. As for matching a little FP10 goes a long way to keeping the rifle looking good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:47:19 PM EDT
No problem just doing my job.  I carry an M4 which gets tossed around a lot,so I know the anodizing is durable, but what I meant was I've read about people using duracoat to paint barrels, uppers, etc...  Thanks for the quick answer though.
Top Top