Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 6:29:09 AM EDT
I know of a guy who claims to have a few preban receivers for sale.  The brand is possibly American Spirit Arms or something similar to that.  

Has anyone heard of this make?  Any comments on the quality and value?  He is asking $250 for one.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#1]
ASA is a 'zero customer service' company in AZ. Their uppers are reputed to be generally POS's, lowers seem to be OK...I've never had either, just repeating general web yakking.

If you ever resell the gun, an ASA lower or upper will not enhance the gun's value.  I don't know if ASA has a list of pre-ban sn's or not.

-hanko
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
There are no ASA prebans - they started business well after the effective ban date in 1994.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up Circuit.  I appreciate the tip.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top