Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:51:18 AM EDT
I am new to this forum and first wanted to congratulate everyone on the depth and breathe of information available at this site. Next, I want some advice on buying my first AR from some of you AR pros.

I am thinking of getting an RRA, Chrome Lined, CAR A4 w. #40L Flip up, Quad handguard, and 6 position Tactical stock. I will be adding a low power 1.5x-5x or a EOTECH scope later. It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Any thoughts on this package? Should I get the tactical or the A2 Stock and later add a SOPMOD stock? What about tac mount? etc

Also, I will probably buy it from Legal-Transfers as he seems to have the lowest prices. Any experience (good or bad) buying from these guys?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:56:30 AM EDT
leave the tactical mounts and what not off, you plan on swapping sights so save the money and get it without the crap.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:11:10 PM EDT
eklikwhoa, I meant to say Tac mount instead of the Flip up. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:11:55 PM EDT
the tac mount is crap
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:45:16 PM EDT
Got it. Tactical Mount=Crap Which Flip-Up should I get? ARMS #40, 40 L, or 40 L-SP to work well with scope and is strong and keeps zero when fliped back?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hobbyist:
.... It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Yeah we ALL start out saying that...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:31:43 PM EDT

Which Flip-Up should I get? ARMS #40, 40 L, or 40 L-SP to work well with scope and is strong and keeps zero when fliped back?

Those are all good, but the Troy is better.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:50:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

.... It will be used as an all around (Defense, Varminting, Plinking) gun and as of right now I am not planning on buying multiple ARs but we will see.

Yeah we ALL start out saying that...

I said the same thing. Almost a year after I bought my first AR...I found myself buying a new upper and stock.

Usually it's around tax retrun time that I buy a new something. Makes it easier on the wallet that way.

Welcome to the sickness, you will have it eventually.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:19:36 AM EDT
Welcome!

Just spend some time searching the site. All of your questions will be answered. It's better to research it yourself, you will come away with a better understanding of all that is AR.
Top Top