User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 94
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#1]
"Unless the Dems. pass a Arsenal law, you can only own  1K of
any ammo. Well, we are all F*&^%$#@!!.  If you invest 10K in ammo, you are a felon."

ex post facto

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#2]
<No personal attacks allowed per CoC - User warned - Z>

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#3]
DO NOT erase or edit the above post. I would like to see this poster's reaction after July of this year, 2009. But, two out of three won't be so bad.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firefightr] [#4]
I see many holes in Fladevmeister's statement but some truth too. The main hole I see is that Obama has NO BODY standing in his way and he likes to make sure we know it too. The Dems have the majority in everything right now. So much for checks and balances.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I just went to Wally Mart...They are limiting the purchase of rifle or handgun ammo to 6 boxes....I purchased my limit at one store and bought 5 more boxes at another store...
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. I've been having a hard time just getting plain old full metal jacket rounds for my 45. I went to three different stores this week before I found one that actually had some.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By OldGuyNewAR:
"Unless the Dems. pass a Arsenal law, you can only own  1K of
any ammo. Well, we are all F*&^%$#@!!.  If you invest 10K in ammo, you are a felon."

ex post facto

Well, that's convenient, isn't it. It's probably known that avid gun users/collectors stockpile a good amount of ammo. So, if you own over 1K of any ammo, it's a felony charge? And if you're a convicted felon without your rights reinstated, you cannot legally own a gun. Hmmm...how convenient.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 1:58:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Plattekill] [#8]
Originally Posted By FlaDevmeister:
GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

It's obviously the end of the world. President Obama (which was elected by a majority vote, I remind you) has his own opinions on the proliferation of firearms in this country. But he has his own opinion on a lot of things. Doesn't necesarilly mean he's going to pass a law to enforce his opinions on everybody else. I know he's made claims in the past about possible gun control but he's also got a right to change his mind about something and has been known to do just that......kinda like everyone posting on this site. I know I've changed my mind about things before. Let's also remember the guy went to Harvard and taught Constitutional Law. But I'm done ranting about how irrational it seems that we're going to wake up in the very near future and find that either guns and/or ammo is banned or taxed. There have been solutions discussed but there are a lot of people involved in the process of passing bills that have differing opinions on the subject. Not to mention the NRA and other organizations that are too powerful. There are a helluval lotta gun owners in this country that are Democrats and voted for Obama that also happen to have guns. I'm one of them. When you've got the majority of the country backing you there's not a whole lot one person can do to get a law passed.

Even better is all the posters here and elsewhere that are convinced the country's going to spin into civil war any day now. We've already done that. That's why the civil war is covered in school more a lot more than Vietnam or even WW II was. This country did that 150+ years ago and we are STILL reminded of the lessons we learned in doing so. And the Yugoslavians thought they were cool. Nope, we did it bigger and better than they ever did. Theirs was a minor border skirmish compared to what we did.

I'm anxious to see all the people that have recently stockpiled thousands upon thousands of rounds. One poster made a good point. Nobody actually shooting any of it. It makes you think every time you tap your finger in your AR and $0.75 comes out the end of your barrel. Screw that. I've got four mags loaded for mine and, other than that, I'm out. I have about 1,500 rounds of 5.45x39 (and most of that is sealed in a Spam can) that is used on the off chance of SHTF. I live in Florida and hurricanes are known to come through here. I know all too well what it's like to be out of power for a few days. So the SHTF is an actual possibility for me. I've got batteries, a radio, I stock up on canned food and water in the summer months, and I have enough ammo to make it as long as I need to. Let me emphasize I don't stock up on 6 months worth of canned food and water. Just enough to get me through several days. That's all that I'll be losing power and water. The probability of that is so remote I don't bother. Kinda like the possibility of us going into a civil war is so remote, I don't bother buying 20,000 rounds. The chances are so remote it's just no worth it. Another example is being hit by a meteor. I don't prepare for that either because it's too remote.

I'm looking forward to seeing all these doomsdayers lose their asses at some undetermined point in the future that are stocking it up now. The ones doing this (that is, the ones that actually have money) were the same people buying several houses to either flip them or invest in them. Then lost their asses in real estate. Same people that dumped their F-250's to buy a compact Toyota pick-up. I work as a credit analyst for GMAC and you wouldn't believe all the people dumping their full-size trucks and SUV's a year ago for something better on gas. I'm not kidding you, Chevy Cobalts were flying off the lots before the tires even cooled down. You want to blame somebody or offer consipiracy theories for outlandish ammo prices, the conspirators are the ones buying this stuff up. It means anybody buying stockpiles lately is comlicit and you all get what you deserve. Sooner or later, the bubble will burst in this market. It amazes me that people were saying the same thing about oil last year and real-estate the year before yet they can't make the connection here. Short-term amnesia. People said a year ago gas would be close to $10.00 a gallon by now. I paid $2.07 at the pump the other day. Down from $4.50 at about this time last year. People cut back on their gas consumption and, whadya know, oil prices fell and OPEC associates practically shit themselves.

I've got enough to get me by and shooting is one of my favorite hobbies. I'm gonna do what that other guy said: I'm gonna start biking or hitting nature walks or something. I'm not paying these hyper-inflated bullshit prices. I'm going to wait until the prices get realistic again and then I'll resume. The oil on my hardware won't even be dried by the time that happens. I think what the distributors is doing is horrible but this is the same system we fought and died for to ensure its continuance. Funny how people praise America when it works for them and then get bent when they're on the receiving end. You can't blame the distributors for raping you when you're opening you legs and inviting them. You've got noone to blame but yourselves.

CLASSIC!
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 1:05:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPenrod] [#9]
They are just waiting to see how they do in  the 2010 elections.

Poorly, maybe they will not have the power to mess with the 2nd Amendment.  Well,.... It will be a worse ban than we ever have seen to date.

I'll keep buying my cases of ammo thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
price rant
just saw some mk262 and 8126n on the ee for a buck fiddy a round
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By joseph_samuel:
price rant
just saw some mk262 and 8126n on the ee for a buck fiddy a round

ONLY A BUCK FIFTY!  I am gonna buy them all!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The prices are outrageous on 5.56 ammo, but it's around if you hunt a little bit. I think the main problem on prices is that people are stockpiling so much –– every new shipments sells out right away. I've gone a little nuts myself –– bought 1k rounds of 5.56 and 500 rounds of .40S&W. I wouldn't be so concerned normally in light of the recent Heller case, but the fact is that Democrats control the White House and both houses of Congress, and they have a really lousy history of backing gun-control measures.

The chances of some kind of gun-control measure coming up are high, and if it comes up the Donks will pass it regardless of whether its constitutional or not. And those gun-owning Democrats who think it won't happen are deluding themselves. Bammer is an old-school Liberal, as is San Fran Nan and Harry Reid, not to mention most of the (D) rank-and-file in both houses of Congress. And even if the Feds don't clamp down, you can be sure lots of the states in the northeast and west will.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I must ask; IF stockpiling is done for personal use, this question does not apply, BUT - If you stockpile for defense (gubbamint, zombies, whoever) is there validity to thinking that should you succeed and survive to need ammo, there should be "Plenty of it on the ground"? If you defend your (self, family, compound, bunker, silo) from marauders and are successful, should you not then have donations from the vanquished? It seems like those who stockpile, have absolutely no limit to how much is enough. So, I'll ask, How much is enough? 1K per gun? per person?
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Whatever happened to the power of the VOTE ? Why not just vote them all out on their _ss and then we don't have to go broke hoarding ammo...nor give up anymore rights.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#15]
The problem is they are here till November 2010. There is NO way to control the damage till then. The only thing that is stopping them is the fear of NOT getting reelected.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 7:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BackDrop] [#16]
Originally Posted By Submariner:
Originally Posted By docmcb:
Inflation is coming (devalued dollar), an imported ammo restriction is coming (goodbye Wolf, Prvi, and surplus), ...

and people think lower ammo prices are in the future????  

Doc, you are making wa-a-ay too much sense.  Clinton blocked importation of CHICOM ammo with an executive order. Bush I blocked the importation of "assault weapons" with an executive order.  Buck Ofama can do the same with ALL imported ammo if he chooses.

Then watch prices.

Buy it cheap (hahahaha) and stack it deep.

I don't know if he would/could ban all ammo. importation......There might be a backlash from the entire shooting industry...not just from the black rifle crowd...remember that there is alot of other imported ammunition ..ie. shotgun ammo, among others, and from various companies...ie. Fiocchi among others.

If anything is going to happen Buck Ofama might go after the military ammunition makers like Wolf or possibly brand specific like Pirvi XM193....and the way around that would be to produce civilian branded ammo only (which they already do).. like .223 only (instead of 5.56) or .308 only (instead of 7.62x51) IMHO

Link Posted: 5/6/2009 7:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stevemr2t] [#17]

"Get some before Obama outlaws Ammo!"

EE Super Markup on RA45T

A cool $120/case markup over OMB express price... So much for AR15 brotherly love....
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 10:52:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#18]
<Inappropriate comments removed - Z>

Link Posted: 5/7/2009 12:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#19]
<Inappropriate comments removed - User banned - Z>
Link Posted: 5/7/2009 11:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#20]

<Inappropriate comments removed - Z>

Yeah.....................All you ammo horders quit buying all the ammo up, Wait till the prices drop !!!

Oh............Its time to call Walleyworld and see if any ammo came in !!!

Link Posted: 5/8/2009 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JPenrod:
They are just waiting to see how they do in  the 2010 elections.

Poorly, maybe they will not have the power to mess with the 2nd Amendment.  Well,.... It will be a worse ban than we ever have seen to date.

I'll keep buying my cases of ammo thank you very much.

Right on !!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Thru_and_Thru:
I must ask; IF stockpiling is done for personal use, this question does not apply, BUT - If you stockpile for defense (gubbamint, zombies, whoever) is there validity to thinking that should you succeed and survive to need ammo, there should be "Plenty of it on the ground"? If you defend your (self, family, compound, bunker, silo) from marauders and are successful, should you not then have donations from the vanquished? It seems like those who stockpile, have absolutely no limit to how much is enough. So, I'll ask, How much is enough? 1K per gun? per person?

I buy what I need for defense but mainly because I want to have enough to go shoot a long time from now (I shoot ALOT).  Either way, if it's no longer available or if it's even more outrageously expensive later, the way I see it it's a GOOD move for me.

THOSE are my reasons and I suspect it's the same for most others who have bought a lot of ammo recently.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Not to mention the NRA and other organizations that are too powerful.

Do you even know how many NRA members there are roughly?  The last time I checked there were about 2 Million.  Do you think 2 Million votes, even if every single member actually voted, is going to make a difference?  My point is there are roughly 80 Million gun owners in America and only 2 Million registered NRA members?  I would not ASSUME anti-gun yahoos in Congress or in the White House are shaking in their boots because of the NRA.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Temp lock pending staff decision
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Staff review complete
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Wut happened?

Link Posted: 5/8/2009 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#28]
NSSF says the ammunition shortage is real, but is likely a "temporary issue."

http://www.nssf.org/media/FactSheets/Ammunition.cfm
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I am very pissed off at the lack of 7.62x39 and 5.56.  Any time I go to Cabelas, ass hats buy ARs with out even knowing what brand they are.  They will probably never shoot their rifles or know how to take care of them.  I'm also pissed that the new Korean Q3131a1 looks like crap.

Hmm, I feel better now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't know. This past week Wideners had Prvi M193 for $370/1K and Mid South Shooters Supply had Federal XM193 for $363/1K. Both are sold out now, but I see availability improving.

Maybe prices will be down by fall or summer, but I won't cry about what I paid now. I buy it to shoot it, I'm not hoarding to profiteer in the event of a future shortage.
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 10:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/8/2009 11:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bear223] [#32]
Originally Posted By Forrest_F150:

Not to mention the NRA and other organizations that are too powerful.

Do you even know how many NRA members there are roughly?  The last time I checked there were about 2 Million.  Do you think 2 Million votes, even if every single member actually voted, is going to make a difference?  My point is there are roughly 80 Million gun owners in America and only 2 Million registered NRA members?  I would not ASSUME anti-gun yahoos in Congress or in the White House are shaking in their boots because of the NRA.

I would say 75% of gun owners vote Republican or at least Vote GUN RIGHTS !!!  There's a REASON Obama , Polosey and Reid dont want to bring up NEW GUN LAWS now , " PAST VOTING HISTORY " !!!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I doubt Obama is going to get a second term. He has "awakened" the Right and you will see a different type of election. 10%-15% is not impossible to recover. Just my opinion.

There has been too much spending the writing is on the wall that taxes will go up and you are also see that the Hypocrisy that is the "Far Left" is going to show more and more. Just think the whole "I didn't know they were water boarding" line we are getting from Pelosi which is coming out to be a total crock is just the beginning. They also want us to believe that Dodd and Franks had nothing to do with the current economic conditions.

The Republicans need to find and establish a new leader by the end of the year. Then sell the "new" party by next November then take the next 2 years to win the next election in 2012. It can be done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Yeah.....................All you ammo horders quit buying all the ammo up, Wait till the prices drop !!!

I sadly recall that (waiting) being the discussion here 2 and 3 years ago. People were saying they were going to wait. That was clearly a bad move. The Walmart near me now gets only a box of 1000 9mm WWB every week or two and they leave it in the case as the first guy who sees it tales it at $19.82/100. Everything else is gone and I suspect management will make it only shotgun rounds soon.

We were even discussing what amount was needed to qualify as an "ammo whore" (some amazing photos were posted) and it was decided that at 50,000 rds you have just reached the edge of entry, and that all shooters should get to that level at minimum. There was plenty of time to beat this rush. But if my instuctor's busy CCW classes speak of anything, this is only 20% Obama and 80% fear of societal breakdown where government will not be able to protect you.

I've just started reloading and I was on high alert for primers for over six months to get a sigificant amount of small pistol, large pistol, and small rifle. To give you an idea of how fast that goes, I was told by MidwayUSA that when they got in 400,000 Remington 7 1/2 sm rfl primers they sold out in under 30 minutes. I asked if 10,000 was too much for an order and they said "not at all when people are getting three times this on Gun Broker." That's 5 years of AR shooting for me. Maybe I should have bought 30,000 but I figured I'd leave some for others as I was skunked there three times as the e-mail notification of stock came in late to me by an hour.

Will the price come down? Not without a republican president and at least one house, sorry to say.

Walsh

Link Posted: 5/11/2009 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By phoenix27:
Now I've seen everything. Natchez had Fed M193 ammo "on sale" for $750/1000 plus a stiff shipping fee. The world has definitely gone insane. They must be drinking the same Kool-Aide that S/G was drinking asking $800/1000 for Win M855 ammo a few weeks back. This is totally nuts! Thank the good Lord I don't need to buy any 5.56mm ammo right now and can just sit back and watch this circus from the sidelines.

It might take a few weeks now, but you can get Hornady 55 gr rounds and A2230 powder is not a problem at all to find as of 2 weeks ago. Primers do come in but you might have to wait 4-8 weeks. Reloading, that makes it the most $225/1000.

I've not reloaded any .223 yet (just getting a Dillion 550) but the cost of components is WAY under these price increases which means the sellers of ammo are gouging.

Walsh
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Heineken:

sencond this THIS IS REALY PISSING ME OFF...ok, nacheze...you know i have bought a lot off them in the past...but here is the thing...with the shit economy all the components, brass, lead, ect have all gone way down or stayed the same, which means the ammo makers are making the ammo for cheaper, and they are selling it to the distributers for the same price that they were selling it to them 8 months ago...so basicaly the distributers are marking it up way way way way more...
end of rant....

I received an e-mail from Nanchez last week and the same S&B and Remington .223 that I bought 18 months ago were both exactly double what I paid then with lead and copper dropping in price.

Walsh
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I was in the Gander Mountain in Erie Pennsylvania last night.  They had two boxes of Remington 165 grain 40 S&W, they were marked $59.99.  I asked the guy behind the counter why it was so high.  He actually told me that next month there is going to be an additive in gunpowder that causes it to go bad in one year.  It was about all I could do to not tell him he was a fucking moron.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MSARDave:
I was in the Gander Mountain in Erie Pennsylvania last night.  They had two boxes of Remington 165 grain 40 S&W, they were marked $59.99.  .

How many rounds were in each box?

Were they the super deadly, "Black Talon XXXV", Arlene Specter "Magic Bullet" model?

Walsh

Link Posted: 5/11/2009 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Either way, it's a friggin' bummer. I used to buy a case and split it with buds for a weekend of shooting. Yeah, I wasted a lot, but I also honed skills some, too. Either way, it seems like those days are gone for a while - Now, I can't pull the trigger without thinking how much it will cost to replace this bullet at current prices. When it DOES start to come down (If it does) I'll be able to enjoy my hobby/sport again....
T&T
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Walsh:
Originally Posted By phoenix27:
Now I've seen everything. Natchez had Fed M193 ammo "on sale" for $750/1000 plus a stiff shipping fee. The world has definitely gone insane. They must be drinking the same Kool-Aide that S/G was drinking asking $800/1000 for Win M855 ammo a few weeks back. This is totally nuts! Thank the good Lord I don't need to buy any 5.56mm ammo right now and can just sit back and watch this circus from the sidelines.

It might take a few weeks now, but you can get Hornady 55 gr rounds and A2230 powder is not a problem at all to find as of 2 weeks ago. Primers do come in but you might have to wait 4-8 weeks. Reloading, that makes it the most $225/1000.

I've not reloaded any .223 yet (just getting a Dillion 550) but the cost of components is WAY under these price increases which means the sellers of ammo are gouging.

Walsh

Powders NOT a problem...........................Yeah Right ..............Try and get some H335 or H322 right now !!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 12:50:46 AM EDT
[#41]
not to preach, but, we as consumers dictate what market value is. If we stop buying this product, price will come down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lvjeffro:
not to preach, but, we as consumers dictate what market value is. If we stop buying this product, price will come down.

Nah....we'd be sued for some antitrust violation!

No one is going to start a movement to create less demand for ammo. It's almost as useless as getting people to buy gas only from certain stations.

We are in the state we are in due to the astonishing apathy of the American people, and a school system that made many under 30 now closer to Marx than Madison.

We are fortunate that for now, no one can conquer us.

A great read is John Keegan's "A History of Warfare" because we, Americans at home, have widely forgotten how to fight as did many others throughout history who lost their lands. This all started after the carnage of WW I, and then the baby boomers after WW II were not all taught to understand that freedom has a price. The Vietnam protest were not against the war, they were by cowards against being drafted to go to fight in the war. The protest ended and despite the blood bath caused by them, many of that selfish generation, of which I am part of but have no association with having graduated from HS in 1972 and lived my life differently, decided to raise a bunch of panzies.

If China started a war O-Vomit would bow down to them too. We are broke and they are rich. In `100 years China will rule the world against a Europe where they have burnt every church to the ground and an America that hs given our land away to illegals. And it might be better for the survival of mankind as they spend about 5 cents on any problem with Muslims protesting their overthrow and send the family the bill for the bullet. We give them lawyers.

We get the government we deserve (Either Lincoln, Grover Cleveland, Mencken, or Tocqueville, I think) and right now, while virtually no one on ARFCOM deserves what is coming, it is going to smack us down. They see it, which is why ammo prices are high. At this point I'd say to be thankful it is still available.

Walsh

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#43]
It's interesting that, even through this forum, I often read "What ammo for SHTF" or "Stocking up" and you see a picture posted of a guy who has over 40,000 rounds.

I have, obviously, no problem with buying what you want, with the quantity that you want.

What's interesting to me is that "IF" you are storing up large quantities, how are you going to carry it if the SHTF?  

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 2:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Walsh] [#44]
Originally Posted By Ret_Puddle_Pirate:
It's interesting that, even through this forum, I often read "What ammo for SHTF" or "Stocking up" and you see a picture posted of a guy who has over 40,000 rounds.

I have, obviously, no problem with buying what you want, with the quantity that you want.

What's interesting to me is that "IF" you are storing up large quantities, how are you going to carry it if the SHTF?  

If you start a post "Are there any ammo whores here" you might find what seems to be over 500,000 and even  1 million rounds posted in pictures. Althought they might not be as likely to post those now.

The archives might have them in the summer of 2007.

10,000 rds for each caliber you own was started as a minimum. 40,000 didn't get you in the club. The low number agreed upon was 50,000 (g).

Walsh

P.S. If the proverbial SHTF you are going nowhere unless you live in east LA and are escaping. You will be protecting your own. Teach your kids and wife to shoot, depending of course on your feelings towards your marriage.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#45]
My local Walmart now has a "Two Box" limit on all ammo [behind the counter]...

Of course, the only thing that was available was Federal .22LR in those little 50 round boxes.

I left with 100 rounds! WooT!

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Bargain of the century. ATG - the new CTD

Click me if you dare....
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stevemr2t:
Bargain of the century. ATG - the new CTD

Click me if you dare....

WOW! I have a boat load of that at an average of $13. They are thieving bastards and I hope people buy nothing at all from them!

Walsh
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#48]
All the local FFL's are out of 45acp, even the premium rounds.  Good thing I have a small amount of self defense ammo. I went to the shop to buy some 9MM for my dad as he is taking a CCW class and since we cant find 45acp he is going to have to use his 9MM.  Local shop had a bunch of WWB 100rd value packs and Brown Bear 50rd packs.  WWB was 29.99 and BBear was 8.99 a box.   They had a limit of 1 box per customer on the WWB and 2 boxes on the Brown Bear.  I think this is the only dealer that doesnt go to Walmart and buy everything and then mark it up because they actually have a bunch of Ultramax 223, Privi 5.56 and Winchester Q3131.  Walmart sells the Q3131A1 and I have found these at a lot of local FFL's.  So you know they are visiting walmart and buying everything and marking it up.  

For anyone who needs 223/5.56 Shooters Den in Albuquerque has plenty.  No limit on the 223/5.56 ammo but you cant buy it in a case.  The Q3131 was priced at $8.99 a box of 20.  Ultramax 100rd value pack was $39.99.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Wars, panic, Obama and crime are driving demand through the roof, so prices go up.  Do any of you think any of these things are ending soon?  I don't.  If you think prices are high now, just wait.  Calling this a "bubble" is just wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 7:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmj999] [#50]
Thought I have seen it all. Natchez wants $24.99 for a box of Federal 9mm ball. I think they are related to Cheaper Than Dust.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top