Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 10:58:00 AM EDT
I have  a RRA midlength 9mm and the forearm is a YHM light weight free float.  My front sight is a YHM flip up that is attached to the free float.  This front sight is for a free float not a gas block.

Am I correct in assuming that if I buy an ARMS #40L it should line up with my front sight post correctly.

Is this a standard thing or do I need to buy a YHM rear BUIS ???

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
yes they will align fine as long as you are sure you have the forearm front sight, i have a rifle with a similar set-up.

my 0.02 on the yhm tube and sights... i would not mount any sights to the yhm forearm, though solid the locking ring isnt really reliable imo. there is a possiblilty of over torqueing the tube and throwing the sights off and if you dont get the top rail perfectly aligned with the upper it will require excessive windage to zero.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't freak out on me here but the ARMS rear BUISs were meant to be used with "F" marked FSBs.  

I'm 90% sure YHMs sights are the lower height across the board...

If, and i say IF you have a problem, you can always get a taller FSP
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
i have had two arms+yhm combo's and neither needed the taller fsp but yeah if you need it bushmaster carries them
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
This one was right on the money when I sighted it in at mechanical zero. w/ arms ARM 40 and YHM front.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replys fellas.

Ridge, that looks like a YHM free float and if it is have you had any issues keeping zero??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ridge, that looks like a YHM free float and if it is have you had any issues keeping zero??

I've got the exact same setup (ARMS #40 rear, YHM flip-up front on a YHM LW float tube) on my 9mm SBR, and have had NO problems achieving or maintaining zero.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No problems, and now there is a scope mounted on it, front ring on the YHM rail. Went through a carbine class with flying colors.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top