Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:23:59 AM EDT
And even more important, what are opinions/experiaces with them? And which ones involve trimming the rubber armor coating? Thanks in advace.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Any 30mm scope ring will work.  Height is the only thing that you may want to consider.  For example, the LaRue is slightly taller than the Aimpoint or ARMS mounts.  So, I would stick with the same manufacturer as the current ring on your Aimpoint.  However, several people are running the mag at different heights as their Aimpoint and no one has reported any problems.  It just looks funky to me.

You will have to trim the rubber regardless of which mount you choose.

As an example, I have an M2 on one rifle and an M3 on another.  Both are mounted in ARMS 22m68 mounts with the cantiliver spacer.  I have my 3x mag in the Aimpoint twist mount ring with the spacer.  I bought two twist mount bases so that I can switch the 3x between rifles without trouble.  Plus, the 3x mag has a much lower profile when detached without the base then one with a throw lever mount.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top