Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2010 5:37:15 PM EDT
I just sold an old N batt 551 EO and will be ordering my new Comp M4.  I know the M4 and the M4s are essentially the same.  Is there any real advantage of one over the other?  Also, AIM surplus had M4s on closeout for $599 but is now sold out.  Is anyplace out there willing to beat the $659 deal I found?

Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just sold an old N batt 551 EO and will be ordering my new Comp M4.  I know the M4 and the M4s are essentially the same.  Is there any real advantage of one over the other?  Also, AIM surplus had M4s on closeout for $599 but is now sold out.  Is anyplace out there willing to beat the $659 deal I found?

Mark

go to botachdefense.com and register for thier member pricing (you might want to call and ask) .  They will hook you up although it might take a day.  The regular price on the M$s they have is $729, the member price is $570.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If I were getting one, I would get the model with the battery tube and rotary switch on them bottom. The reason is to protect the housing and more importantly the switch from impact if I drop the gun and to keep from inadvertently having the switch change settings. That's based on my experiences with a M2.

Also keeps the profile height of  the sight down as well...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Botach defense the same company as Botach tactical?  If so, I will pass.  They dicked up the only order I ever made from them, and would not return my calls or emails.  This was before I ever read all the negative reviews about thier customer service.  I have learned my lesson from a relatively cheap screwing.  No need to take a chance of throwing good money after bad.

Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I were getting one, I would get the model with the battery tube and rotary switch on them bottom. The reason is to protect the housing and more importantly the switch from impact if I drop the gun and to keep from inadvertently having the switch change settings. That's based on my experiences with a M2.

Also keeps the profile height of  the sight down as well...

+1

That's why I got the low battery tube model.

And I like it very much.

BSW
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Regarding the M4s, if a right-handed shooter pivot-mounts a 3x magnifier in the out of battery position...
the magnifier obstructs the manipulation of the illumination control knob.
Now of course this depends alot on how they're mounted, but just an observation
HTH
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you plan to change the red dot intensity a lot or go back and forth to/from NV settings while shooting?

If Yes, go with the M4. The switch on top of the M4 will be easier to reach in stressful situations.

Otherwise go with the M4s.

YMMV
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top