Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 9:47:18 PM EDT
AIMPOINT claims you can put the brightness on 7 out of 10, and it will run for 50,000 hours. That is 5 years. If that was true, why would anyone ever turn it off?

Is it true?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You will have to ask again in 5 years.    It should be true, I have run second generation Aimpoints for months with no issues and other long lasting red dots like the Dr Optic run for years so I see no reason the Aimpoint would not do the same.  In actuality it never really turns off either.  The off setting is just a very low level on setting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
AIMPOINT claims you can put the brightness on 7 out of 10, and it will run for 50,000 hours. That is 5 years. If that was true, why would anyone ever turn it off?

Is it true?

Yes it's true.

Like what DevL said, there is no off switch position, the off setting is just a very low level on setting.

I only have an older M2 model and I'm not complaining about the 10,000 hrs/ 1+ year of daytime operation on a set of batteries.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top