Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:42:50 PM EDT
I have been seriously considering buying a comp m2 love their Produts I have owned one for years mounted on a colt series 70 that has had the shit beat out of it by brass droped more than once never a problem now it resides on a buckmark anyway. My problem is from everything i read they wont cowitness without buying all these fancy mounts that add up to near what the aimpoint cost. Am I wrong or right. I mean if this is what the optic was designed for wich I think it was why doesn't it come with the correct mount. IF im wrong someone tell me what buis will cowitness with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now, the hot Aimpoint mount is the LaRue. GandRTactical sells them for $115. They will co-witness your iron sights.
Here is a pic from GandR's web site.

You can also try www.mstn.biz/
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
They made the QRP (quick release picatinney), it is THE mount that Aimpoint put out for use with the scope.  The key to the AR system and bling bling is the modularity of the system.  There are so many configurations with the guns that there is no ONE mounting system.  I don't like paying that kind of $$ but my mind has started to shift into the agreement position that they are worth the cost.  I have a LaRue that I've been testing for the past few months and so far I've been impressed with it.  I am not making this a LaRue sales thread though.  

Back on topic, expecting a mounting system that does everything for nothing isn't going to happen in any realistic scenario.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you try the EE. Deals can be found on quality mounts there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top