Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 5:57:12 PM EDT
Hello, I am fairly new to the world of rifles and optics, I have built myself a nice little rifle and purchased an Aimpoint Micro T-1 as I hear they are excellent and fit the bill I am looking for.

However I have not gotten to handle any high quality optics and as I paid a hefty price for this little guy I had a few concerns about it.

First, as you will see in the picture below, the front lens isn't centered in the housing, now I didn't know if this is just mine, or if this is how the design was supposed to be.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/tyler_freeman13/th_IMG_0978-Copy.jpg

Second, was the rear glass lens, as you can see it isn't quiet perfectly ground as you can see on the left side in the picture below:

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/tyler_freeman13/th_IMG_0976-Copy.jpg

And finally in my last picture you can also see through the lens that there is a light blue tint on the right side of the lens when it is looked through. It isn't noticeable in the light, and I suspec that I may have accidentally caused this by improperly cleaning the lens with windex and Q-tip. (Yes I know NOW that this is not a proper way to clean a quality scope/dot lens surface.)

When it comes down to it, am I just being to picky, is this normal, or do I have a dot with a few issues? (I get a little paranoid when I spend $500 on a piece of equipment)

Thank you for your help, I did as much research on this form and online as I could. If I missed something please don't flame me to bad! Haha
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You could have searched to see if those were normal (they are) first before posting.

Rear lens needs to be angled, due to how the Aimpoint works.
That is not how the lens is ground, it some of the sealant/glue they used.
Once again, normal, part of how Aimpoints work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
As above 100% on all accounts and info.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You could have searched to see if those were normal (they are) first before posting.

Rear lens needs to be angled, due to how the Aimpoint works.
That is not how the lens is ground, it some of the sealant/glue they used.
Once again, normal, part of how Aimpoints work.

You could have read his post too. Then you wouldn't have had to write anything as you would know he already did that. Oh and nice welcome to the new guy by the way...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't see that Postal flamed him.  Does the OP need a "reach around" cause it is his first post?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't see that Postal flamed him.  Does the OP need a "reach around" cause it is his first post?

Haha. Or maybe a rusty trombone.

As Postal said, this is all information that is easily searchable––all normal for the T1.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
All normal.  Both of my T-1s are just like that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys that's the info I was looking for!

(In all fairness I did scour every decent review of the optic I could find and went through that ar15.com Aimpoint dedicated thread) Sorry I missed the bit of information.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It's all good.  Now you know.  Everyone gets a rash of crap once in a while and it might as well be post 1 and get it done with for a while.  Keep reading and welcome........................and NO, we do not give reach arounds so don't get your hopes up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:11:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Give him a "chili dog" ..,
 like the others said, that Aimpoint it normal.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top