Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:58:30 AM EDT
What is the difference between an Aimpoint M2 V.S. the Aimpoint M3.  Is it just dot size what makes it better that the outher???
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
As this topic has been covered numerous times, please check Aimpoint's web site for all the specs on both models. All the differences between the 2 a readily apparent when their specs are compared.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If its better why do I keep seeing  M2's in pic's from the sandbox but not a single picture of a M16 with a M3 on it.   Is the M3 not  worth the extra $100?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
maybe because they got  m2's, they work and you are not paying for them to upgrade?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my ML3. I like the 2 MOA dot over the 4 MOA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have read much of it firefighter, but based on my limited knowledge of Aimpoints in general, I have found the highlight differences to be:

Battery-life (now to 50,000 hours - thats 2,083.33 days , or 5 years 8 and half months  )

armor coating (may be optional)

2 versions- (1 with a 2moa dot, the other with a 4moa dot)

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
i would assume the 4moa dot to be faster at closer range...?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i would assume the 4moa dot to be faster at closer range...?

Not necessarily. The user can just turn up the brightness a bit on an M3/ML3 to get a fatter, less defined dot. The 2 MOA dot becomes an asset when shooting at longer range and/or when using the Aimpoint magnifier.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If its better why do I keep seeing  M2's in pic's from the sandbox but not a single picture of a M16 with a M3 on it.   Is the M3 not  worth the extra $100?

Admittedly, it will be difficult to spot an M3 unless the picture in question is very hi-res and it's a close up. They don't look any different except for the subdued, dark grey text on the side.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love my ML3. I like the 2 MOA dot over the 4 MOA.

If you're going to give your opinion, it would be exponentially more useful is you clearly state why you have said opinion.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Are all the toys in your Sandbox brand new?  They use what they have been issued + alot of personal purchase gear.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top