Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:06 PM EDT
The Rotary Switch should be in the 2 o'clock position and mine is mounted in not quite the 3 o'clock position.  The dot is sighted in at 50/100 yards and I can hit the ten ring with regularity.  Do I need to rotate the ML3 back to the 2, or am I just being anal?

Thanks,
B
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
you may run into troubles if you need to re-zero your sight (since the up/down and left/right adjustment axis are not perfectly vertical/horizontal) but as long as you are hitting good with it, I see no big deal.

Did you get the sight like that? or did it rotate on its own? the mount should be nice and snug, it shouldn't really be rotating on its own. With my old ML3 and ADM mount, even with it threaded into Aluminum, I couldn't rotate that sucker with all the strength in me. You might want to check the tightness of the scope screws.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I mounted it myself  - the ML3 might have rotated on its own, but there is no play between the sight and mount.  I am going to move the sight to forward most position on the the receiver.  Guess I'll start all over.

Thanks Raptor
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The top elevation adjustment knob should be perpendicular to your rifle.  Incidentally you can rotate the aimpoint so that the switch is on the other side if you perfer.  Both adjustments have markings for both widage and elevation depending on their orientation on the rifle.  At least that was the case with my ML2.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top