Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:00:18 PM EDT
How long are you clone users seeing battery life lasting?  Is it the same claim of a few years continuous on like the real deal?  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, my tacpoint crapped out after 500 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
EeEeEEKKkk!

That could really prevent me from buying one.  I have seen them on ebay, and hear decent reviews on certain sellers.  hMm.. I guess I better rethink that one now.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one but can't speak for battery life becasue I've only had it about 2 weeks.  But even if the batteries don't last for years wouldn't you still come out ahead considering it's ~200 cheaper than the real thing?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If your looking for the same battery performance of the real Aimpoint in the clone Aimpoint I think you’ll be disappointed. I haven’t done any battery testing, but my sons Aimpoint clone original batteries are still doing good since last November. Of course the sight is not left on continuously.

If the clone mfgr’s used the same technology for extending battery life that Aimpoint uses I think the clone price would be considerably higher.

When the original batteries finally crap out in my sons clone I’m going to install an Aimpoint battery and try that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
You get what you pay for.

Most of the clones I have taken a look at advertise battery lives in the 200 hour range - vice 10,000 hours for an ML2 or 50,000 for an ML3.

The clones are probably fine for rifles dedicated to range use - but if you consider it your "SHTF" rifle I think 50,000 hours of battery life can really come in handy. Plus, Aimpoints have unquestionable quality, also important for a SHTF or self-defense weapon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You get what you pay for.

Most of the clones I have taken a look at advertise battery lives in the 200 hour range - vice 10,000 hours for an ML2 or 50,000 for an ML3.

The clones are probably fine for rifles dedicated to range use - but if you consider it your "SHTF" rifle I think 50,000 hours of battery life can really come in handy. Plus, Aimpoints have unquestionable quality, also important for a SHTF or self-defense weapon.

+1

A subject that has been beaten to death here but none the less, a true point.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
EOTECH 512 & 522 is rated at 1000+ hrs and 511&551 is rated at lot less than 1000 hrs. so your saying these optics are not for SHFT?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
EOTECH 512 & 522 is rated at 1000+ hrs and 511&551 is rated at lot less than 1000 hrs. so your saying these optics are not for SHFT?

No. What I think he’s trying to drive home is the fact that clones are not for SHTF!  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top