Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2023 4:44:54 PM EDT
Debating which one to put on 11.5...already have a exps3-0....but would only get another eotech if it's single dot....really liking the RDS, don't know if I'd like the smaller window compared to eotech
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I must sound like a shill. But check out the Lead & Steel Promethean. Big window like the Eotech, but it's LED, has Aimpoint battery life, and you can choose between a dot or circle dot when you want.

Honestly though a 30mm Aimpoint isn't a bad compromise. You do get a larger window.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
lol

I was literally going to jump on and suggest the L&S LP-1

https://leadandsteel.co/product/promethean-lp1/

If you have an expertvoice account there is a discount
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be getting the aimpoint or if you want a single dot and an eotech type window look at the meprolight RDS series.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve only had aimpoints up until a week ago when I tried a EXPS3-0.  Now I have 2 less aimpoints and 2 more EXPS3-0’s.  

I have astigmatism and the Eotech looks much better to my eyes.  I like the reticle more too.  

I still have an AP CompM5 but might replace that with another Eotech.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody here actually have the Promethean?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint.

If you like the bigger window, Sig Romeo8t.

I've had my 8t for around a year, and am a big fan. Large window, dot only/circle dot options, LED, and works great with 3x mag.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody here actually have the Promethean?
View Quote

Yes. It’s awesome.

Pros:
Super clear glass
Super bright
Multiple reticles dot/eotech
Super durable
American owned and assembled
QD
Same size and weight as eotech
Long battery life with actual published numbers on battery life, not 50k on a “medium” setting
“Aura wake” means single dot is always on and eotech ring comes on after movement so even if the shake awake fails, you still have a dot and it increases battery life significantly.

Cons:
Would like better fenced/recessed buttons
You can get a backlighting issue looking into a dark room with the rear lens that washes out the reticle. If you apply white light it’s gone.

I’d absolutely recommend it
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The MRO HD is lightweight and has a single dot just like the T2 but the MRO HD also has the big EoTech reticle if you chose to have quicker CQB shots.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The MRO HD is lightweight and has a single dot just like the T2 but the MRO HD also has the big EoTech reticle if you chose to have quicker CQB shots.
View Quote

Same .5x, blue tint and horrible parallax?
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the HD cured all the MRO stuff except when shooting into a bright setting sun you will see a slight outline of the big reticle if the reticle is set to off.
If any reticle ( of the eight available ) is on then you don’t see any “echo” in the background.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think the HD cured all the MRO stuff except when shooting into a bright setting sun you will see a slight outline of the big reticle if the reticle is set to off.
If the reticle is on then you don’t see any “echo” in the background.
View Quote

if that is true then awesome
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the reticle is on then you don’t see any “echo” in the background.

One of the upcoming RMR’s is supposed to have the same reticle options as the MRO HD. This will be nice to do an offset or piggyback on a 6-18X.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One of the upcoming RMR’s is supposed to have the same reticle options as the MRO HD. This will be nice to do an offset or piggyback on a 6-18X.
View Quote

Yes, the RMR HD
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Both of those were considered amazing pieces of technology ... 20 years ago.   Today, why?  There are so many much better more cost effective options now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I am looking at a new optic as well. Wanna give eotech a try but this is a great option also. I know nothing about eotech products besides looking at them. If one is for sale used which sights are worth going after.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd be getting the aimpoint or if you want a single dot and an eotech type window look at the meprolight RDS series.
View Quote

I second the Meprolight RDS Pro V2. I own two of them and fantastic optics.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top