User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 11:11:52 AM EDT
Suggestions? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a TA33H in amber.  I can see it much better than red.  Especially at night.  I would like to have tried a green but no one around me or the fun shows have had one to look through, and I could not find anyone having them in stock when I ordered.  

I am happy with what I got but would probably go green if I got another.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The green is awesome!

You wont be disappointed
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Get red.

Edited to add: You should do a poll.
I think you'll find that there are widely differing opinions. Seems like some peoples eyes just see different colors better/worse.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:39:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I've tried them all and like them all.  I prefer red mainly for the following reasons:

1) red's the same color as my Aimpoints and illuminated variables...I'm a creature of habit.
2) red provides plenty of contrast in any venue.  At night, bright isn't necessarily better in ambient light when trying to focus your dilated pupil on a target <100m.  It's all about contrast.  Any weaponlight is gonna blacken out your ACOG reticle anyway.  Beyond that - aim your red, green, yellow, blue, or purple ACOG reticle into a sodium street light - and it's gonna fade on you.  Not washout, but fade.  The washout arguement is a weak one.  In the rare event it does happen, disconnect the ACOG and employ that $250 pair of BUIS holding down your upper.
3) red is bright enough during the day as it is....I don't know about you all, but I find that I have to cover a portion of my TA11 just to prevent the bloomin' when taking an aimed shot.  Those 11's are bright!  There's a lot of fiber optic tube riding atop that scope.
4) I forget what 4 was
5) the human eye is reportedly more sensitive to green....lol, I don't know....a bright red reticle against most natural backgrounds just seems to stand out better for me than the green.  Up close when running around with both eyes open, I have yet to find a venue where the red donut didn't stand out bold n' bright.  I will admit I find amber a better fit for my hunting rifles.  I don't think the amber is as "obstructing" as my red.  I want to put my reticle on the target, not my target behind the reticle.  That's where the speed is.

I don't think you can go wrong with any color.  They are ALL bright under ambient light.  Just pick what you want and roll with it.  Not saying I don't like the green.  I find it quite sexy.  I just think the red is more practical.  YMMV, of course ... hence Trijicon's incredible line up of products.  One of my favorite company's out there.  

I also think any discussion about red vs green vs amber is really spillting hairs.  Go get yourself an ACOG already and shoot the shit out of it!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I just lucked onto a TR24G because that's what i wanted given the choice but i also use a Aimpoint T1 and feel the same way ,  pick a color.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top