Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2007 3:18:59 AM EST
I found a smoking deal on a Acog compact. It comes with the ability to mount to the carry handle. Now my AR has a removable carry handle. And I have been shooting iron sights for awhile until I found the optic I liked. I love the Acog compact. At first I was thinking of just mounting it the carry handle. That way I have magnified optics when needed and iron sights also (best of both worlds). But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I?? Seems silly to cowitness a magnified optic.

Looking for thoughts from the optic gurus.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:43:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By panzertroop:
I found a smoking deal on a Acog compact. It comes with the ability to mount to the carry handle. Now my AR has a removable carry handle. And I have been shooting iron sights for awhile until I found the optic I liked. I love the Acog compact. At first I was thinking of just mounting it the carry handle. That way I have magnified optics when needed and iron sights also (best of both worlds). But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I?? Seems silly to cowitness a magnified optic.

Looking for thoughts from the optic gurus.

You cannot 'co-witness' iron sights with a magnified optic, even a 1X one.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:28:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By panzertroop:
But I know that co witnessing is a big deal. Everyone does it. So should I??

Do it if you find it helps your shooting. I run an Eotech on one of my carbines, and it cowitnesses with my BUIS, but I never really need it.

I have another carbine with a compact ACOG mounted on the carry handle. I drilled a new hole for mounting the ACOG further back (about an inch), as I found the mouth-to-charging-handle hold not friendly to my front teeth. YMMV.
Top Top