Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 5:21:28 PM EDT
  I recently bought an ace skeleton stock to replace my m4 pinned stock, when i was installing the stock i noticed the buffer tube was different than my m4s  the new one is longer inside the tube, any way i put it together and i noticed alot of play inside, also the charging handle was not as stiff as before, went to the range it would not properly load a single round? is there a spacer i can buy or  different spring, buffer tube, please help!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm understanding what you've posted, you tried to install an ARFX.  Was your AR setup with the A1/A2 extension, buffer, and spring or the carbine extension?  If it was a CAR setup, you'll need to replace the receiver extension/buffer tube, buffer and action spring to an A1.  The CAR/shorty extension, buffer and buffer spring won't work...

Should look something like this:

[img]www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/Images/skeleton-stock-k.jpg[/img]

edited 'cause I still can't speel...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]
hey thanks for responding, im new to this stuff but my rifle is a postban colt m4 with a pinned stock i noticed when i looked in the m4 stock it was shorter inside the tube and the new one is longer  so the spring is not as tight.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top